Beatle Paul vs Solo Paul

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby admiral_halsey » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:52 pm

Paul wasn't as obvious with his put downs on Ram as John was with How Do You Sleep? That song is so obviously about Paul it really couldnt be about anyone else, I dont care what excuses John makes, it's blatantly about Paul whereas things like Too Many People and Dear Boy are a bit more subtle.

I totally see what you mean about the difference between Beatle Paul and Solo Paul. I always view solo Paul as "Macca" and Beatle Paul as "Paul" or "Beatle Paul". The thing is, when he was in the Beatles, he always had John to put him down and tell him things were rubbish or whatever. After the Beatles he could do anything he liked and this is why his music was sometimes temperemental (although I still like it!!!). But this is generally what a lot of people say about Paul, he had "too many people" telling him how great he was.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby mi » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:42 am

Mini wrote:

What's your problem with that?

I would say I would be in the majority in saying that Paul's Beatle music was better than his solo music.

Oh yeah, and John's solo music was sooooo much better...

Man you have a chip on your shoulder about How Do You Sleep?

???????? :? :? :?
Give me a break. Don't give me that "John was so hurt by Paul he had to say these things" rubbish. George was just as cruel to Yoko - why didn't he write that song to him as well? This whole "song" is a display of jealousy and self frustration he had no one else to take it out on. It was just a desperate pathetic attempt to recover his lost self-confidence. Maybe YOU have forgotten that John brought his "Yoyo" to the studio without any concern how the others would feel about it.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:47 am

Paul wasn't as obvious with his put downs on Ram as John was with How Do You Sleep? That song is so obviously about Paul it really couldnt be about anyone else, I dont care what excuses John makes, it's blatantly about Paul whereas things like Too Many People and Dear Boy are a bit more subtle.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, everyone's in agreement that the song was written in response to an attack by Paul.

Paul has admitted that Too Many People was about John and Yoko but denied that Dear Boy contained any veiled messages to John and Yoko.
Mini

Postby Mini » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:59 am

Oh yeah, and John's solo music was sooooo much better...

Who's comparing solo cataloges?

???????? :? :? :?
Give me a break. Don't give me that "John was so hurt by Paul he had to say these things" rubbish.

Apparently he was, go back and read the numerous accounts related to this song.

George was just as cruel to Yoko - why didn't he write that song to him as well?

Because George never attacked John in song. In fact George played the "stinging" guitar solo on this track.

As a side note George wrote Wah Wah as a reaction to Paul's dictatorial behaviour towards him in the studio.

This whole "song" is a display of jealousy and self frustration he had no one else to take it out on.

Seems like you're jealous and frustrated that John won this particular exchange but the truth is that you're not completely aware of the hurt and disappointment that Paul felt when John disbanded the Beatles. My opinion is that is what caused Paul to write those inflammatory lyrics to John in Too Many People and perhaps Dear Boy.

It was just a desperate pathetic attempt to recover his lost self-confidence.

Oh yeah, JLPOB was acclaimed as a masterpiece and he was 2/2 with Imagine. I think you're arguments and spiteful comments towards John and Yoko are equally clueless and pathetic.

Maybe YOU have forgotten that John brought his "Yoyo" to the studio without any concern how the others would feel about it.

That's his prerogative, to repeat an old chestnut, John met Yoko, fell in love and left the Beatles. Get over it.
Mini

Postby Steve-o » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:00 am

Wasn't the topic beatle Paul vs Solo Paul? Message to Mini-Yukko Ono....if you want to continue your broken record, why not start your own thread "Why me and my husband are better than Paul and Heather in every way" (or whatever) so that you stop soiling other people's threads?
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:39 am

unless, of course, mini drops by...in which case, EVERY single topic is about how GREAT john is compared to paul and how GREAT yoko is compared to heather...

.....every single time.....
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:59 am

Steve-o wrote:Wasn't the topic beatle Paul vs Solo Paul? Message to Mini-Yukko Ono....if you want to continue your broken record, why not start your own thread "Why me and my husband are better than Paul and Heather in every way" (or whatever) so that you stop soiling other people's threads?

I notice that is all you do here, soil other people's discussions. If you have nothing to add why don't you stay out of discussions that other people are interested in discussing.

Then again you must be the new Paul Avenger.
Mini

Postby Mini » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:04 am

ANGRY wrote:unless, of course, mini drops by...in which case, EVERY single topic is about how GREAT john is compared to paul and how GREAT yoko is compared to heather...

That's cute.. a little Yoko bashing here and there must be what it takes to be accepted on this board. I guess being a Paul board it is the expected thing to do.

I notice there are terms of agreement when you become a member here but Yoko bashing is let through to the keeper.
Mini

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Mini wrote:
Steve-o wrote:Wasn't the topic beatle Paul vs Solo Paul? Message to Mini-Yukko Ono....if you want to continue your broken record, why not start your own thread "Why me and my husband are better than Paul and Heather in every way" (or whatever) so that you stop soiling other people's threads?

I notice that is all you do here, soil other people's discussions. If you have nothing to add why don't you stay out of discussions that other people are interested in discussing.
And who is off topic? I think you may have soiled yourself, Yukko. Something sure stinks on this thread. Again..why dont you start your own thread......then you can discuss and stay on topic.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:38 pm

ANGRY wrote:unless, of course, mini drops by...in which case, EVERY single topic is about how GREAT john is compared to paul and how GREAT yoko is compared to heather...

WAD..no question.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle