WHY MACCA IS MY FAVOURITE BEATLE

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

WHY MACCA IS MY FAVOURITE BEATLE

Postby abou el makartany » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:01 am

I HAVE NO FAVOURITE BEATLES?THEY SHARE MY LIFE FOR 35 YEARS NOW ?THEY ARE A PART OF ME AND I CAN AMOST PLAY ALL THEIR SONGS ON MY GUITAR ,WINGS ,BEATLES,MACCA ALONE....BUT WHEN I HEAR THE WORD BEATLES,I HAVE AUTOMATICALLY THE IMAGE OF PAUL IN MY HEAD.
abou el makartany

Postby FoolontheHill » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:06 pm

I agree totally!I love all the Beatles but Paul was definetly the best one!He just was THE beatle! :D
FoolontheHill

Postby EddieV » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:44 am

FoolontheHill wrote:I agree totally!I love all the Beatles but Paul was definetly the best one!He just was THE beatle! :D

Agree here. In the beginning The Beatles were a unit, but in the end it was Paul who was The Beatles.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiral_halsey » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:27 pm

This is a weird topic for me cause my best mate is a massive Beatles fan but his favourite is John. My favourite used to be John too but as I got more into it Paul totally took over. I suppose it helps a lot that I prefer Paul's solo stuff to all the others solo stuff, and this made me re-review his work as a Beatle from a different perspective. I just really love Paul's positive outlook on life and the way most of his songs can be applied to anyone and any situation. They are all timeless classics and he's a blatant king of melody. He's got a total natural musical talent, he can play anything, he's a bloody genius basically. I could go on like this for hours probably, although it doesnt mean i don't appreciate the rest of the Beatles cause obviously i LOVE EM TO BITS!

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:19 am

admiral_halsey wrote: he's a blatant king of melody. He's got a total natural musical talent, he can play anything, he's a bloody genius basically.

Thats exactly why Paul is my favorite Beatle.
I do however see all of them when I think... The Beatles
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:15 am

The Beatles were the best because they were 4. I couldn't say one of them, as a Beatle, was my favourite. I slightly prefer Mac as a solo artist to John, mainly because he has a larger and v diverse body of work.

But to say Paul or John was the Beatles is silly
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiral_halsey » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:43 pm

Of course it's silly. I would never say that one Beatle was better than another. It's the combination of John, Paul, George and Ringo that made them The Beatles and take away any of them and it wouldnt have been the same. It's still possible to have a favourite though.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby FoolontheHill » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:01 pm

But Paul still as the biggest influence of the Beatles.. :wink:
FoolontheHill

Postby amateur » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:17 am

HELLO... WELL IS WEIRD THINK ABOUT WHY PAUL IS OUR FAVORITE BEATLE.

I LIKED HIM SINCE HE CAME TO MEXICO CITY AND PLAYED A LOT OF BEATLE'S SONGS, SINCE THAT, I STARTED TO HEAR ONLY MCCA'S SONGS.

:D I THINK HE HAS MORE EXPERIENCE TO WRITE SONGS THAN LENNON, PERHAPS I'M WRONG :roll: :oops: :cry: :wink: :(
Come on baby, we can get much higher
amateur

Postby admiral_halsey » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:58 am

It's true that Paul had started writing his own songs before John had, but I think it's more the fact that Paul was very gifted musically (I'm not saying John wasn't), but John had more of a raw musical talent and Paul was more technical.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle