What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mini » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:13 am

julian had his choice made, as a child, by john.
a vicious price that yoko continues to this day.

Once again another double standard involving Yoko.

Julian is not the first child to come from a split home. Sure he is bitter and he has reason to be, but so it is for all kids of divorced parents.

imho, paul has acted with honor and respect for his former bandmates in a way john and yoko do not even come close to.

Did you read Many Years From Now? With friends like that who needs enemies...
Mini

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:55 pm

Mini wrote:Sure he is bitter and he has reason to be, but so it is for all kids of divorced parents.

Not necessarily - I've known quite a few cases of divorced parents, and in most of these, the parent not living with the children (mostly the father) makes a point of seeing them at least every other weekend and over a longer stretch of holidays. Many divorced parents go out of their way to at least try and keep the suffering and pain of their kids to a minimum. Julian is definitely a dark chapter in John and Yoko's bio, let's face it.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:42 pm

Not necessarily - I've known quite a few cases of divorced parents, and in most of these, the parent not living with the children (mostly the father) makes a point of seeing them at least every other weekend and over a longer stretch of holidays.

Yes that is true but the point of John being a bad father to Julian is not unique. That's all I'm trying to say, John acknowledged this in one of his final interviews.

Many divorced parents go out of their way to at least try and keep the suffering and pain of their kids to a minimum. Julian is definitely a dark chapter in John and Yoko's bio, let's face it.

It's a dark chapter in many people's lives not just John and Yoko's. Like everyone, John and Yoko are human and made their share of mistakes.

Also, they had trouble in having a baby so when they eventually had Sean alot of relationships fell by the wayside as they concentrated on their own lives and their new family. Unfortunately for Julian it was at his expense.
Mini

Postby admiral_halsey » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:43 pm

Come on guys, you're going totally off topic here! :!:

Remember the questions was, "what made you like Paul better than the other Beatles". So first of all, I'd like to say that when I first got into the Beatles I liked John the best and Paul the least! :shock: Now I feel totally ashamed about this cause I was basically believing what quite a lot of people say about Paul. I feel the need to stand up for him a lot these days as a lot of people knock him for a) the beatles court case and b) accusing him of making rubbish music. My best mate is a massive Beatles fan who worships John and dislikes Paul so we are constantly getting into debates.

For ages I liked John best but then one day I saw a Wings 7 inch in a charity shop "Let Em In/Beware My Love" for only 50p, so I bought it. I took it back home and couldnt stop listening to it. For some reason I really dug Wings, even though it wasn't cool to like Wings with the people I was hanging out with. But I couldnt help it! I ended up buying more Macca solo stuff and getting more and more into it.

I then re-reviewed his Beatle work and decided he was definitely my favourite Beatle. Things like Good Day Sunshine, Michelle, I'm Looking Through You, Yesterday, Drive My Car, Penny Lane and Let It Be really stand out for me as some of my favourite tunes of all time. Since then I've totally worshipped Paul and bought loads more of his solo albums. It also doesnt help that I have a massive crush on him! :oops:

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby Steve-o » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:54 am

These threads are going way off since Yukko returned to the forum as "Mini", no doubt alluding to her mental capacities. :P

Just put your ignore buttons on, folks. She's just trying to annoy you.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:44 am

:salute ...AYE AYE, CAPTAIN, SIR !... :D
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 am

Steve-o wrote:These threads are going way off since Yukko returned to the forum as "Mini", no doubt alluding to her mental capacities. :P

If you don't want John and Yoko fans on this board then why have a John section?

Oh yeah and thanks for fostering some intelligent discussion but since YOU have the mental capacity of a 3 year old I guess that'll never be possible.
Mini

Postby james1985 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:52 am

mini, there is a fine line between defending John and Yoko (which I often do) and deliberately antagonising people. You consistently stray to the latter. It's not big or clever, or even funny anymore.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:34 pm

Mini wrote:
Steve-o wrote:These threads are going way off since Yukko returned to the forum as "Mini", no doubt alluding to her mental capacities. :P

If you don't want John and Yoko fans on this board then why have a John section?

Oh yeah and thanks for fostering some intelligent discussion but since YOU have the mental capacity of a 3 year old I guess that'll never be possible.
And you call your mindless paul-bashing rants "intelligent"? Better get the cards out, Yukko. Today is not your day. :wink:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby FoolontheHill » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:59 pm

james1985 wrote:mini, there is a fine line between defending John and Yoko (which I often do) and deliberately antagonising people. You consistently stray to the latter. It's not big or clever, or even funny anymore.

I agree!I might be like that sometime but I better stop!(Meaning deliberately antagonising people.Not defending John and Yoko..I wouldnt fall that low... :lol: )
FoolontheHill

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle