No Paul Content : Musician of the Moment.

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:51 am

maccastheman wrote:
Berkeleyan wrote:I have four CD's of The Pixies and my favorite ones are "Trompe Le Monde"and "Surfer Rosa".

One more great band to give weird titles to their albums and most of their songs .... 8)

My favorite song by them is probably "Bone Machine." I love that line, "Your Irish skin looks Mexican." Hysterical... (After the earlier line, "You're looking like you got some sun.")

I think "All Monkeys Go to Heaven" is great - that's the only title I can recall right now. Also their opener in "Bossa Nova", an instrumental (well almost) 8)
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby maccastheman » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Musician(s) of the Day: David Sanborn & Chris Botti. Just saw them at a hotel lounge here in Dallas last night. Both were amazing. I've always loved David Sanborn - his sax solos on "Young Americans" by David Bowie and "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" by James Taylor pretty much define those songs IMHO. Chris Botti was a complete surprise. I was familiar with him because of his work with Sting and Paul Simon, but I hadn't really listened to any of his solo recordings. I was blown away by his ability to channel the more graceful tone of Miles Davis. He did an incredible version of "My Funny Valentine" last night.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:16 pm

Musicians of the day: my picks are the guys in Weather Report when this jazz band was at a peak (1975-1980). "Heavy Weather" may be their best album ever - very melodic stuff, w/ 3 fantastic guys: on the horns, keys and bass (I'm at a a loss for their names as of now).
Berkeleyan

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:36 pm

NPC "Musician of The Day" Aerosmith's Joe Perry I've got three words for you all: HONKIN' ON HOBO! His guitar playing on this recent Aerosmith effort is ....well...I didn't know he was quite that good....very imaginative playing and very hot licks and hooks turn old blues standards such as "Baby Please Don't Go" into something they can call their own. Joe plays with unbrideled excitement on Hobo and this is largely why the album is so damn good.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:00 am

Musician of the day: two words: George Harrison.
Berkeleyan

Postby Highamster » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:15 am

I just got tickets for The Whos Liverpool gig in June so have been listening to them all morning.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:52 am

Highamster wrote:I just got tickets for The Whos Liverpool gig in June so have been listening to them all morning.

Any news about a new album??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Highamster » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:52 pm

Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:05 pm

NPC Musician of the Day: SLOAN

Many in here know the pop/rock band Sloan because they covered the Macca tune Waterfalls...and as we all know they done a superb job.

Sloan, who have been doing very well lately opening for the Stones and The Foo Fighters..have many Gold records here in Canada and have rendered at least 10 hits..Songs such as "Underwhelmed"," She Says What She Means","Money City Maniacs","Losing California" and "If it Feels Good Do it" are great songs garaunteed to make anyone a fan

If you are not very familier with Sloan, start getting Familier!

http://www.sloanmusic.com/home/
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:37 pm

I been trying to get some Sloan, but they are unknown in my country.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists