What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:10 pm

Let's see..someone thinks Yoko is far better than our fine lady heather..and another "fan" calls the guy this website is dedicated to a "douche". Nice. Laz seems to love stirring the pot. Time for your 1532nd apology, trekkie!!
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:27 pm

Steve-o wrote:Let's see..someone thinks Yoko is far better than our fine lady heather..and another "fan" calls the guy this website is dedicated to a "douche". Nice. Laz seems to love stirring the pot. Time for your 1532nd apology, trekkie!!

I think Laz is a distant cousin of Gastro Boy. They both come from Down Under, ya know? :wink: At least Laz hasn't yet claimed to be an exile from Iraq living in France now. :roll:
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:37 am

well, steve.. :? ...if i remember my star trek at all, don't they have those transporter things....and don't they kinda ....scramble yer molecules...then put them (hopefully) right ?....and...laz WAS missing, lo those many moons...SO...MAYBE...he's been scrambled ! :wink:
that, or he's one of those evil twin thingees...a pod person, doppelganger, whatever :roll: he is sort of the king monkey for the down unders ! ( sorry, kyle !) :D
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:29 am

Cologne girl wrote:
Mini wrote:Yes but Paul is the shallowest of the four. You can never be sure if he's telling the truth or not. At least with John, what you see is what you get. George got abit too cynical about the fishbowl life of being in the Beatles for my liking.

Also Paul married a woman (HMM) that makes Yoko Ono look like Mother Teresa. John would be laughing at Paul wherever he is.

Crikey, you remind me of that "reviewer" of some American newspaper someone posted a link to a while ago, who said John would be "laughing at Paul from across Abbey Road" or some such garbage. How come so many people seem to know exactly what John would be doing were he alive still?

How do you know so much about what he wouldn't be doing or thinking?

I must admit I'm getting sick and tired of these kind of statements. One of John's strengths (or to put it neutral, aspects of his personality) was that he was not predictable - so how can we know what he would be up to now, at 65? I think not even Yoko does...

Paul being controlled by Heather? Hellooooo... read John's final Playboy interview... it's called deja vu... what goes around comes around...

Also, John himself sometimes contradicted (unconsciously or deliberately) things he had said at some earlier point, so I'm not too sure about "what you see is what you get".

Why not? He was the most open and candid of the four and it's for this reason I'm a John fan. No smoke screens or cliches.. unlike Paul..

He was more blunt, but certainly not simple. And as to Paul, I think you misunderstand his personality. He is not a liar - he is diplomatic and he is a storyteller. I think you can see this if you watch "Anthology", for instance. When he talks about some episode of the past, he might add or leave out the odd detail or exaggerate a little, just because it sounds better or fits in better with the general idea of the conversation.

Not a liar ? Exaggerate a little ? You're killing me... Didn't Paul recently say something stupid like LITSWD was really about LSD when he himself, John and George Martin have always stated it was inspired by Julian's drawing.. there are countless examples of Paul's tendency to misappropriate the truth..

Sometimes, he catches himself and rectifies a little ("no, wait, that's wrong, actually what happened was..."). I think if you can read between the lines, you can easily guess what's right and what's slightly "adorned".

With Paul, it's all one way traffic. If you believe Paul then you believe he wrote all of John's songs too.

There are people who can handle this and others who can't (and then resort to calling him "shallow").

I think if you take one good look at Paul and see his hair dye then there is no need for anyone to resort to anything. He is shallow.
Mini

Postby mi » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:54 am

I dye my hair (and I'm much younger than 63...). Does that mean I'm shallow too?
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ANGRY » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:01 pm

having had silence from the subhuman excrement that passes as a king monkey for sometime now: it is amazing that suddenly, out of nowhere, we have it's identical clone sloshing deffacantly to the surface, now in holland: Poor Dutch !
nothing is more 'shallow' than abandoning your children, like john and yoko, both did.
except, maybe, actively encouraging someone to do so...and then carrying on that wonderful legacy, after the childs fathers death...like yoko.
anyone who would assertain that yoko looks like mother theresa compared to HMM has got more than a screw loose.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mi » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:16 pm

[quote="ANGRY"]
nothing is more 'shallow' than abandoning your children, like john and yoko, both did.
except, maybe, actively encouraging someone to do so...

AND, except singing "The Sound You Make is Muzak to My Ears" and so on...(I am not ready to quote any more of this poison)
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:14 pm

let's not resort to John and Yoko bashing.

Let's all rise above it....
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:38 am

not meaning to bash anyone...just pointing out, imho, using facts, not innuendo, what shallow is...besides, sounds to me like it was paul and heather taking a beating there: douche....? heather makes yoko look like mother theresa ?? c'mon !
but....this is me shutting and moving along :wink:
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:56 am

ANGRY wrote:having had silence from the subhuman excrement that passes as a king monkey for sometime now: it is amazing that suddenly, out of nowhere, we have it's identical clone sloshing deffacantly to the surface, now in holland: Poor Dutch !

And we have the Paul Avenger on Macca Central to clean up all the Paul ***censored***.

:shock:

Who brought this up?

anyone who would assertain that yoko looks like mother theresa compared to HMM has got more than a screw loose.

Paul's kids hate her. James "Young Turk" McCartney didn't even go to his dad's wedding. I think that kind of says it all Doncha think...
Mini

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle