Billy Preston

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:43 pm

Has anybody heard about his recovery? The last I heard is that he is doing better - I hope so, because he's been in the middle of a comeback of sorts lately - he toured with Clapton a couple of years ago and contributed to the incredible I Believe to My Soul record last year. I think he's finally put his personal problems to rest, I just hope his health holds up...
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby funkbeatle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:59 pm

You know man, I saw Preston last time at George's tribute concert and I thought myself...Man, he got so fat! I almost couldn't recognize him!
funkbeatle

Postby funkbeatle » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:10 pm

Hey guys, I've just heard now this on the radio: Billy Preston passed away... Man, we've just lost a great musician, one of the so called "5th Beatle"...I'm so sad...RIP Billy...
funkbeatle

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:27 am

RIP Billy !

He was a great "keys" man - I believe he was the reason why the Beatles managed to complete the Let it Be project despite of all bitterness, sulkiness and inner fighting. They all rallied behind Billy (brought into the sessions by Harrison) to finish all the great songs that were dangling at a critical juncture in their relationship as a band and as friends.

The fabs all loved Billy whom they met the first time while in hamburg.

The fox news on his passing claims he's played on LIB, AR and the White Album; NOT TRUE. Billy played on Let it Be only.

There was a big controversy on Billy's reputation some years ago when a child molestation charge was initially imposed on him. I don't know what happened afterwards, but apparently his name was cleared of the accusation, otherwise he'd have served time.

Just to end on a good note - he was one great keyboard player !
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Previous

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions