No Paul Content : Musician of the Moment.

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:27 am

My pick for today's musician is Kim Deal (Pixies & Breeders).

What's the deal with her and her Pixies mates ? Are they gonna record together again or not ? They came out last year to make a good buck out of gigs.....
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
User avatar
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:30 pm

Musician of the Day




Adam Sandler for his surprisingly excellant cover of Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London".

He treated the song with respect didn't mock it and it turned out nice.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
User avatar
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:15 am
Location: Cape Breton Island - Canada

Postby maccastheman » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:My pick for today's musician is Kim Deal (Pixies & Breeders).

What's the deal with her and her Pixies mates ? Are they gonna record together again or not ? They came out last year to make a good buck out of gigs.....


Supposedly they are working on an album together. I was fortunate enough to see one of those money-making gigs, and they sounded great. Especially Kim. She sang all the lead vocals on "In Heaven." I love the Breeders, too. I know it's the popular one, but I still love "Cannonball."
And in the end...
User avatar
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:38 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:07 am

Anybody catch Prince on SNL last weekend? Pretty darned good.
User avatar
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:12 pm
Location: Canada

Postby maccastheman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:09 am

2 of 3 wrote:Anybody catch Prince on SNL last weekend? Pretty darned good.


I missed it. :( Talk about come-backs. That man is in the midst of an incredible one...
And in the end...
User avatar
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:38 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:22 am

Yeah, the first song he did, he was rockin on the guitar, with a little Lenny Kravitz thing going on. :)
User avatar
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:12 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:29 am

maccastheman wrote:
Berkeleyan wrote:My pick for today's musician is Kim Deal (Pixies & Breeders).

What's the deal with her and her Pixies mates ? Are they gonna record together again or not ? They came out last year to make a good buck out of gigs.....


Supposedly they are working on an album together. I was fortunate enough to see one of those money-making gigs, and they sounded great. Especially Kim. She sang all the lead vocals on "In Heaven." I love the Breeders, too. I know it's the popular one, but I still love "Cannonball."


Me too !! And great news indeed if they're in the studio !!
I make THE PIXIES my pick today - Today's Musicians.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
User avatar
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Brazil

Postby EddieV » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:42 am

Yeah, The Pixies was/is a great underrated band.
Now junior behave yourself
User avatar
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7038
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:13 am
Location: Svendborg, Denmark

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:19 pm

I have four CD's of The Pixies and my favorite ones are "Trompe Le Monde"and "Surfer Rosa".

One more great band to give weird titles to their albums and most of their songs .... 8)
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
User avatar
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Brazil

Postby maccastheman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:37 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:I have four CD's of The Pixies and my favorite ones are "Trompe Le Monde"and "Surfer Rosa".

One more great band to give weird titles to their albums and most of their songs .... 8)


My favorite song by them is probably "Bone Machine." I love that line, "Your Irish skin looks Mexican." Hysterical... (After the earlier line, "You're looking like you got some sun.")
And in the end...
User avatar
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:38 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest