Postby gonny » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:59 pm

If i'm allowed a couple:

Ringo
Status Quo
Metallica
AC/DC
gonny

Postby chris » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Arguably the best concert I have seen is the Who. I say arguably because it wasn't with Keith Moon, so I'm not even sure it counts as the Who. I saw the Stones countless times, but they don't seem to shake things up anymore. Allmon Bros are always awesome. Clapton shows flashes of brilliance every now and then. Stevie Ray Vaughan was always good for a face melting solo or two. Genesis was the light show of the century.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:13 pm

Wow Chris, I can't believe I left out the WHO. I saw the first show after Cincinnati(where there were people trampled to death) Buffalo N Y. It was unbelievable. Townsend doing windmills all night long...and you couldn't believe he made it in time. Daltry swinging the mike out over the crowd. Great show.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:10 pm

They were, I believe, refered to as the best live Rock band of all time for a while. Weren't they? have to admit a bit of Moon envy. You saw the band back when they were a BAND!
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:15 pm

Actually no....Moon had passed on at that time and it was Kenny Jones on drums...not exactly a fly weight, but he's no Moon. Nobody is. :?
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:21 pm

I suppose I was fortunate enough to have seen them (the first time, anyway) with drummer Zach Starkey, who actually does a pretty good Moon impression. I just have always regretted not seeing ol' Keith.

By the way, have I really not ever read here, how good of a drummer Ringo's son really is? He has a lot more Bomham/ Moon in him than one might expect.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:28 pm

I was living in Cincinnati, out record shopping that night of the Who concert. The TV was on in the store and we all watched with mouth agape while the bad news was flashed on broadcast. Rather glad I didn't go. I dug The Who, loved Who By Numbers, but hadn't been too impressed with their albums after that one.

I did pick up a great record though that night, a Chet Atkins cut-out called The Night Atlanta Burned, still one of my desert island discs.

My fave: Macca in Philly Sept. 22, '05.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists