::Past Masters vol. 2

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:41 pm

I just laugh everytime I hear YKMN :lol: That´s typical John :)
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:16 am

Seemed that John as the drunken guy(at least look like so) even belched on that song...have you ever noticed that?? :lol:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:27 am

dsnito wrote:Seemed that John as the drunken guy(at least look like so) even belched on that song...have you ever noticed that?? :lol:
I guess certainly that he might have been a little drunk on that song.. It´s also great to have a little fun-track sometimes :lol:
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby EddieV » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:44 am

You have to buy this album to get Rain and The Inner Light. Not very smart!!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:07 pm

1. Day Tripper: Good song here
2. We Can Work It Out: Even better one here...
3. Paperback Writer: The Equal of the last track.
4. Rain: Bastard child of Tommorow Never Knows
5. Lady Madonna: Worst track on the album so far...
6. The Inner Light: good song here
7. Hey Jude: Solo-Paul imerging in the Beatles? almost. At least in the Beatles he writes COMPLETE lyrics near-all the time. Paul is getting TOO excited, when there is not called for...
8. Revolution: far from their best
9. Get Back: More immergence of Solo-Paul, not many lyrics to speak of, and the less said about them the better.
10. Don't Let Me Down: It's okay, as good as Get Back
11. The Ballad Of John And Yoko: What a load of poorness... The immergence of Solo-John? NOOOO! I still want the BEATLES!
12. Old Brown Shoe: hmmmm, not something i'll listen to often(like alot of tracks on this compilation)
13. Across The Universe: Never liked this song ever.
14. Let It Be: Paul grasping at straws to save the Beatles from PreMature destruction? I like the result... Pity grasping at straws is not enough to save The Beatles... You had a good run... Let the Solo-Race begin!
15. You Know My Name (Look Up The Number): What an awful song, arguably the worst song off this album... just dreadful. arguably the worst song the beatles ever recorded?..

I hope this release burns in hell, except for:
Let It Be
The Inner Light
Day Tripper
PAperback Writer
we can work it out

p.s: on a side note, George's version of grasping at straws(not grasping at straws, having plenty of talent left to explode onto the world...) "Something" and "Here comes the sun" are Great(especially "Something")
At "The End" of the Beatles life, George has the Best song of their final recordings.

further side note, Paul so desperately tries to emulate the BEatles success in his Solo-Career, he turns out ONE fully realised song on his first release "Mabye I'm Amazed". Nice try, but it ain't the Beatles junior...

further side note, alot of the tracks on this release(past masters) is not the Beatles...

blah blah, i'm rambling.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:22 pm

yawn, laz.

big yawn
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:30 pm

after thought,

mabye the versions of Paperback writer have sucked a little and sounded different to the first one i ever heard, because it is not the definitive mix, nor is any Stereo Beatles cd release.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jules » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 pm

Is Lazarus joking? Or is he a joke?
jules

Postby RickStark79 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:27 pm

I don't think Laz is really a Beatles/Macca fan. If you check his posts, I think he's been listening to the Beatles for less than a year. Hard to have any type of consistency in your musical opinions when you try and soak in that amount of music in such a small period of time. He's still a kid, as he gets older he may make more sense to us. Although, I may never quite understand all this mess about stuff not having enough lyrics or not having 'complete lyrics.' I don't get it.

All that being said, I think he's just trying to get our goat now and get attention. So we should just ignore any post by him that we find pointless and carry on with the discussions at hand.

So...I think this album is unreal. We focus so much on how incredible their albums are, but when you listen to all their singles back to back, it really gives you a new perspective on how solid their writing was.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:54 pm

Oh come on Laz - no Beatles fan would say the stuff you just said. You have just single-handedly RUBBISHED some of the most familiar songs in popular music history, then you sound all dripping with anticipation for the "solo race". Well if that's how you sum up the late-era Beatles output, then God help their solo careers. No sense of appreciation at all for brilliant work. The finest output of recorded music ever. How come you like Sgt Pepper so much, yet despise Across The Universe, which is every bit as beautiful as A Day In The Life? How come you rubbish timeless tracks as Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Revolution, Get Back, Ballad of John and Yoko etc? Staggering.

immergence

it's Emergence :wink:
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums