New album by the Who

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

New album by the Who

Postby EddieV » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:57 am

I´ve read a lot about a new album coming out by the Who year. Wonder what kind of music it´ll be. No Entwistle and Zak Starkey is playing with Oasis. Any news on this??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:16 am

first i heard. i like the who
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Highamster » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:41 pm

I remember hearing something about them delaying it for awhile after Starkey left. My hopes arn't high on it as a Who album. I'ld probelly just see it as a Roger & Pete album more than anything else.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby BruceMirken » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:01 pm

Whether they admit it or not, the band known as The Who no longer exists. Daltrey and Townsend can make an album if they like, but they are not The Who, any more than Paul and Ringo are The Beatles. They should honor the contribution of their deceased mates by not pretending to be The Who anymore.
"I am an anti-imperialist. I am opposed to having the eagle put its talons on any other land." -- Mark Twain
BruceMirken
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:30 pm

You can read about it on Pete's website.

Getting back to the Who though.....I saw a bit on them and it was really interesting to find out, that Townsend would show up with a completely finsihed album for the rest of the guys in the band to hear, and they would just re-record the parts that Pete played himself in his studio. So from the sounds of it, the rest of the guys in the band were basically session men who did Pete's material. Now of course, Pete is no Keith Moon on drums, or Entwhistle on bass, or Daltry as a singer...but everything was laid out for them....they didn't write as a band in other words. So, calling the new album a Who album is a bit strange I'll admit..but not much would have changed as far as the material goes, if the rest of the guys were still with them.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:37 am

I'll have to agree whole heartedly with bruce...i wasn't fond of any of m
Moons replacements, but, once they got past the nerve of the first dip, they plowed right on...but, w/o J.E...? it should just be a Townsend & Daltrey effort.
it could NOT be the Beatles with just Paul & Ringo...it IS NOT the Zep with just Plant & Page...it just feels wrong...
...'course, then again...i didn't mind the post-Waters Floyd stuff...so...i guess anythings...kinda possible
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby esto » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:10 pm

When Who performed at Live 8 they sounded enough Who for me. BTW Zakk is playing with them.
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:35 pm

esto wrote:When Who performed at Live 8 they sounded enough Who for me. BTW Zakk is playing with them.

I read that Zak is plaing with Oasis and don´t have the time to play with The Who, which got Pete Townsend pretty upset.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:11 pm

Highamster wrote:I remember hearing something about them delaying it for awhile after Starkey left. My hopes arn't high on it as a Who album. I'ld probelly just see it as a Roger & Pete album more than anything else.
well pete wrote 90% of songs... it's who, if Roger and Pete believe it's Who...
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:25 pm

Closer to 99% I think Laz. 8)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists