BLUE

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

BLUE

Postby theDingle » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:18 pm

Here's a link for those interested. I got the Blue album when it came out, picked it up again on vinyl in the 80s. There were a number of their tunes, good ones, that sounded very Badfingerish.

http://www.superseventies.com/spblue.html

Apparently Jimmy McCullough had briefly joined them after this album, before he joined Wings. I heard the 2nd Blue album, but it just didn't take with me.

Former Marmalade guitarist and songwriter Hugh Nicholson was one of Blue's founding members. I always though Reflections Of My Life was very Beatles, and there is a decent song on the first Blue album, The Way Things Are, that is reminiscent of that song, great harmonies. :wink:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:52 pm

thanks for the link Dingle, i'll check that out, especially since Jimmy was a part of that band for a short time, hopefully there's something with them that has Jimmy playing with them :)
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby kylestyle » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:59 am

The only Blue I know is that horrible pretty-boy British boy band. Yuk. :x
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby theDingle » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:49 am

kylestyle wrote:The only Blue I know is that horrible pretty-boy British boy band. Yuk. :x
WAD, Yuk. No kylerz, not talking about them, my Blue is from '73.

Y'welcomez JMF. Even though they didn't make much of a blip, Rollingstone, back when it was an ok mag, did surprisingly give them a decent review.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:28 pm

I learned a couple of days ago that Jimmy wrote a song for Blue entitled "Little Jody" it's a great tune too. It's so...Jimmy :P
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby theDingle » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:10 pm

WAD, JMF, Little Jody is on the album I have, and it is one of the choice prime cuts. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Dingle, does it say if Jimmy played on Little Jody ?
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby King_Monkey! » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:35 pm

The only Blue I know is that horrible pretty-boy British boy band. Yuk.

Im no great fan of Blue, but they did do a song with Elton John. Did you hate that also ? Other than that I know little about them myself but I am glad McCartney does not lower himself to singing with pretty boybands even if the song is ok for that type of music! That said younger people know more about Elton Johns recent music and what hes up to than McCartney and his recent projects because of it! Maccas just not the type to have all the star filled partys Elton John has, again this keeps Elton in all the glossy gossip magazines!
King_Monkey!

Postby james1985 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:37 pm

King_Monkey! wrote:
The only Blue I know is that horrible pretty-boy British boy band. Yuk.

Im no great fan of Blue, but they did do a song with Elton John. Did you hate that also ? Other than that I know little about them myself but I am glad McCartney does not lower himself to singing with pretty boybands even if the song is ok for that type of music! That said younger people know more about Elton Johns recent music and what hes up to than McCartney and his recent projects because of it! Maccas just not the type to have all the star filled partys Elton John has, again this keeps Elton in all the glossy gossip magazines!

i agree, can't understand why Elton and Stevie Wonder lower themselves to singing with boybands in order to sell gratest hits CDs. Glad Macca has never sunk to that level
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:01 pm

"JimmyMcCullochFan" said:
Dingle, does it say if Jimmy played on Little Jody ?
----------------------------------------------------------------

It's buried in my cavernous storage closet, I'll let you know when I go on such an expedition, lol :lol:

As far as heavy-weights teaming up with weenies go, let us not forget that Paul DID stoop to record with Wackojacko. I cringe! :x :lol:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions