"I've Had Enough" from the McCartney Years

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

"I've Had Enough" from the McCartney Years

Postby cleptosid » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:23 pm

I forgot how much this song rocked. And also forgot that its Lawrence Juber and Steve Holly and Not Jimmy and Joe on this tune. I really wish that the last lineup of Wings would have made more music together. Juber is a Kick A** guitarist !!!!. And Holly looked pretty comfy on the drums. Ever since I bought the Macca Years for some reason this video stood out to me and since then which is about 5 or 6 days now I have been playing Back To The Egg and Goodnight Tonight, Daytime Nighttime and any other tune I have that features this line up and man I tell ya this is one tight band!!! I know that Wings would not be wings without Linda but I would love to hear a fresh project with Larry and Denny on Guitars and Steve on Drums. I wonder what McCartney II would have turned out to be if that band stood together?
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Re: "I've Had Enough" from the McCartney Years

Postby gfgb123 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:41 pm

cleptosid wrote:I forgot how much this song rocked. And also forgot that its Lawrence Juber and Steve Holly and Not Jimmy and Joe on this tune. I really wish that the last lineup of Wings would have made more music together. Juber is a Kick A** guitarist !!!!. And Holly looked pretty comfy on the drums. Ever since I bought the Macca Years for some reason this video stood out to me and since then which is about 5 or 6 days now I have been playing Back To The Egg and Goodnight Tonight, Daytime Nighttime and any other tune I have that features this line up and man I tell ya this is one tight band!!! I know that Wings would not be wings without Linda but I would love to hear a fresh project with Larry and Denny on Guitars and Steve on Drums. I wonder what McCartney II would have turned out to be if that band stood together?

If I recall the timing correctly, although Lawrence Juber and Steve Holly are featured miming to the music on the video of "I Had Enough", it is not actually them playing on the track. It may very well be Jimmy McCulloch and Joe English on drums or possibly just Paul and Denny doubling up on guitars and drums. It's not always clear how far into the album that McCullouch and English left. I have seen Juber live at Beatlefest and he is one incredible guitar player.
gfgb123

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:45 am

Jimmy and Joe are in fact the ones playing on the track and not Laurence and Steve. They are just miming in the video.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:25 am

JimmyMcCullochFan wrote:Jimmy and Joe are in fact the ones playing on the track and not Laurence and Steve. They are just miming in the video.

If you say that it was Jimmy and Joe, then it was Jimmy and Joe. Few people on this planet know as much about Jimmy's musical history than you.

I would have bet that it was Steve on drums. The song has a fairly straight forward drum track on it. Joe usually left more of a signature on his tracks with the band. I usually pick out Joe's drumming easier. I'll have to listen closer.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:12 am

Great rocker indeed, regardless of who recorded it !
Anyway it'd be interesting to know for sure who's in it....
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
If you say that it was Jimmy and Joe, then it was Jimmy and Joe. Few people on this planet know as much about Jimmy's musical history than you.

thanks, i appreciate the kind words :)
Last edited by JimmyMcCullochFan on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:45 pm

I was just thinking about this song this morning. It's by far my favorite video from McCartney Years. Very cool style for a pretty cool style. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't a bigger hit on the charts.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:26 pm

Apparently "I've Had Enough" was recorded May 1977 aboard the yacht Fair Carol at Watermelon Bay. I'm certain Jimmy & Joe were present during these sessions, therefore I presume they feature on it.
I've always thought this was an excellent tune and yet another I'd like to hear live!! :salute
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby piami » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Yep....I've Had Enough was on London Town....Jimmy's & Joe's last and parting contribution to Wings.
I often wondered how Wings might have fared if the '75-'77 lineup had remained intact into the '80's. What could Jimmy have done for a song like "On The Way"? Still, I wonder if after Speed Of Sound, Jimmy & Denny might have been pushing to be featured more. I wnder if that's a big reason why Jimmy left.
Ah, I'm rambling.
Nonetheless, "I've Had Enough" was certainly a good rocker.
The Lights Go Down - They're Back In Town O.K.
Behind The Stacks You Glimpse An Axe
The Tension Mounts You Score An Ounce Ole!
Temperatures Rise As You See The White Of Their Eyes!
piami

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:19 pm

ramble away!

If the 75-77 lineup would have stayed intact...would Jimmy still be alive today? If not, I wonder how his death would have affected Wings? I think they would have broken up after Jimmy's death.
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos