ROCKSHOW must be released on DVD!!!!!

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

ROCKSHOW must be released on DVD!!!!!

Postby cleptosid » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:23 pm

I got around to watching disc 3 of the McCartney years today and it starts off with a few selections from ROCKSHOW and It was Phenomenal in surround sound actually like being there all over again. In my opinion that was the height of MACCA's showmanship Visual and performance wise. I remember being in the stands of the Nassau Coliseum and at MSG for all those NY shows (3) back in 76 I was 16. But this has to be released in it's entirety. I have the VHS version but it has numerous dropouts and a lot of degradation and even it it's finest days the sound quality is no match compared to today's. 5.1 surround. Maybe if we the fans make a big stink about it This coming summer it will be released. If any of you were there at any of those 1976 shows then you know what I'm talking about. Also worth mentioning is the Unplugged show. That would be a nice DVD as well. But My main focus is on the ROCKSHOW DVD that does not exist yet.
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Re: ROCKSHOW must be released on DVD!!!!!

Postby dpantz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:40 pm

The best thing to do is write to RHINO or start a petition and send it to them. If there is a big enough demnad for it, which I am sure there is, it will happen and Paul will be smiling too! ; )
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby Fan on the run » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Rockshow yes.

But Paul has also so much else live stuff to release. I mean, look at the Birthday or Figure Of 8 videos. We must get some concert from 1990 AND 1993 tours. I mean the guinnes record breaking Rio concert is itself the kind of concert that stands up on it´s own. And, would be easy to sell people.....the cover could ad it as "the largest crowd" ever in single artist. So people would buy it.
Fan on the run

Postby Wings » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:42 am

Does Paul even own Rockshow? Isn't it Miramax still?
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much.
Wings

Postby baal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:03 am

Of course he owns it. Miramax is a distributor.
baal

Postby EddieV » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:35 am

Count me in, I want it to be released on DVD also Let It Be!!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lampie1970 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:11 am

We talk a lot about releasing this or that, but a good point has been brought up surrounding if he evens owns this stuff. Now, if he technically owns it, would he still have to get clearances for something? For instance, every time John Lennon's face is used anywhere these days, ol' Yokes has to sign off on it. or it seems that way: "Face and Likeness courtesy of the estate of John Lennon" and all that.

Would there be any clearances he, or anybody, would have to get for any of this unreleased material that we just don't know about? I realize all of the answers we come up with are purely speculation, or hey, maybe not, some of ya'll might actually know...but I don't know and I don't really know how it all works either, so...what do you think? enlighten me....
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
lampie1970

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:12 pm

The problem is, there is so much live stuff in the archive, where do you stop? I for one would like to see it all released eventually but that will never happen. So I guess we will have to put up with the fragmented highlights spread across countless releases.

However, going back to the original question, Rockshow should definately get a DVD release in widescreen 5.1 etc etc. I have the VHS and for me it's Macca live at his very best.

Maybe one day along with Shea & Let It Be....and pigs might fly..oink oink!!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:58 am

After watching The McCartney Years, I really like to see Rockshow being released. Really great stuff.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eric_Bgs » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:24 am

I have hopes he'll release it soon, cause the Wings Over America tour was one of his biggest ones and it's the only one (from all of the big ones) that hasn't been out on DVD yet... From the 1989/1990 tour we already have the Get Back DVD... It's worth trying
Eric_Bgs

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos