Wings 1980 Japanese Tour Cancellation--Fixed?

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Wings 1980 Japanese Tour Cancellation--Fixed?

Postby dpantz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:10 am

I have little conspiracy theory about the cancellation of the 1980 Wings Japanese tour.

But first let me hear all of you thoughts and facts, and whatever you'd like to add.

Did Paul want to get busted, was it an act just to break-up Wings and cancel a tour that may be an unsuccessful one?
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Re: Wings 1980 Japanese Tour Cancellation--Fixed?

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:45 pm

I wouldn't be stretching the truth to say he's even more popular in Japan. Especially then as he was there since the Beatles toured. After Japan would have been America. First off Paul wouldn't put his wife and young children in turmoil purposely and himself in peril with a possible long prison sentence, all for the sake of money. In fact I'm even going to give other reasons why this theory isn't worth the hard-drive space it's taking up.

Don't take ferrante9's preposterous topics as a guide to your own. You don't want that kind of attention.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Mike wrote:Don't take ferrante9's preposterous topics as a guide to your own. You don't want that kind of attention.

Boy, you can say that again!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby baal » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:13 pm

I don't know where but it's defintiely on record that Paul had to fork up compensation to promoters. Taking a big bag of grass into a country that's previously banned you for having a small bag is not covered by concert insurance.
;-)
Mind you you should probably email that conspiracy theory to Heather and that way I'll get more work voicing Paul in her secret tapes. I've got it all figured out what I'll say when Heather asks 'So did you take that big bag of grass in there deliberately?'
I'll say: 'Yeah. I's always fancied a week in a Japanese prison after watching 'Tenko' on telly'
And Heather will say 'So did SHE know you'd done it deliberately?'
And I'll say: 'Yeah and I had to bitch-slap her to keep her quiet about it after I came out. I didn't want her grassing me up did I?'

Hmmm...I'm not sure...I think maybe this would actually be better as a script for Eastenders.
But Heather will love it.
baal

Return to MACCA-Videos