"The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: "The McCartney Years" - Thoughts and Findings

Postby maccafan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:27 am

I'm wondering if I have the same McCartney years DVD that some of you are talking about?

I will admit that I wanted more rare material as well, especially live material.

The Glastonbury set is very good, and that performance of Live And Let Die totally rocked the house, just look at the crowds reaction, how can anyone say they weren't enthusiastic?

The highlight of the entire three DVD set for me is the footage from Rockshow! Seeing and hearing this totally blows away the lie and misconception that Wings didn't rock! When they rip into the song Rockshow it still sends shivers up my spine, they are really laying down some hard rock and roll! Joe English is a monster on drums!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby theDingle » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 pm

I like it all, I'm happy with it. A l-o-o-n-n-g-g time comin' and it is not a letdown. And secretly, yes, a 2nd volume please! :twisted:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby jules » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:47 pm

I agree with The Dingle. I love the whole thing. And it was excellent to reassess some songs which I hadn't played for a while: Press, Pipes of Peace, No More Lonely Nights, CMoon (which is bloody superb. What the bloody hell was Lazarus on about?) I found I either adored or had a major soft spot for all of them. Another one I got into through The McCartney years was So Bad.
jules

Postby JennyWren » Fri May 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Ya know what? I bought this on the day it was released, and I still haven't watched it. It's going to bring back so many memories, and I'm still not ready to go there. I look at the cover....

I know, I know. Too weird for words, huh?

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Videos