help me!

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby megs » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:51 pm

is the cavern club on dvd, cus i recorded the music part onto cassete and i like it alot cus its mostly pretty catchy 50's covers so i wanna get that to[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:52 pm

okay it is on dvd, sorry im stupid and i cant read[:p][:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:46 pm

"the world tonight" is a good video. Its all from the flaming pie sessions, And it's got a lot of footage of paul in the studio and out in the woods and him singing to linda. "hard days night" just came out on dvd. It's great, I haven't weeded through all of the extra footage yet. Of course "help" is a must. "yellow sub." isn't a particular favorite of mine neither is broad street. There are so many movies and documentaries out there, but if you are a true fan you may as well collect them all.

p.s. backbeat is a good movie if you haven't seen it yet.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:24 pm

You know Scrod, telling about "Backbeat" you made me recall about a movie called "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by Robert Zemeckis(Back To The Future) director, I thought that was an interesting view of the Beatlemania when they were in USA on their first tour there. Their faces didn´t appear on the film, just their images on TV on the Ed Sullivan Show but it´s funny about the US fan´s point of view about Beatlemania.
Also interesting to see I think.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby ElectricKeithery » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:54 am

Magical Mystery Tour is on dvd...I know, cos I have it. There aren't any special features tho, just trailers for A Hard Day's Night and Help.

Keith
ElectricKeithery

Postby pepperlanddreams » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:38 am

If it was released, i would have to go with the MTV unplugged show. I have it on vhs that i recorded when it was on. Man,Paul and the whole band just rocked. Would be something to see and hear on dvd. I hope MTV and Paul will someday release this classic jem.
pepperlanddreams

Postby megs » Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:24 pm

yeah i hope they do realease unplugged on dvd[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:20 pm

quote:You know Scrod, telling about "Backbeat" you made me recall about a movie called "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by Robert Zemeckis(Back To The Future) director, I thought that was an interesting view of the Beatlemania when they were in USA on their first tour there. Their faces didn´t appear on the film, just their images on TV on the Ed Sullivan Show but it´s funny about the US fan´s point of view about Beatlemania.

Peace

Ya nito, I wanna hold your hand is funny. I've seen it about 4 times. it has all the views from beatle fans to people who hated them. good flick.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr. kite » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:48 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
You know Scrod, telling about "Backbeat" you made me recall about a movie called "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by Robert Zemeckis(Back To The Future) director, I thought that was an interesting view of the Beatlemania when they were in USA on their first tour there. Their faces didn´t appear on the film, just their images on TV on the Ed Sullivan Show but it´s funny about the US fan´s point of view about Beatlemania.

Peace.

Nito, I'm giving it a 5-star! I still laugh everytime I remember some scenes in the movie. Remember when the household put the mop out of the window?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:24 pm

I popped HELP in last night. Watched a little bit before I went to sleep. It's great, for sure. But I still don't think it compares to AHDN. That will always be the toppermost of the poppermost for me.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos