::Paul McCartney: The Space Within US

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby EddieV » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:26 pm

Hasn´t it been released in The US/Canada, yet?

By the way Eddie Vedder is also very brief in the DVD :lol: :lol: My idol No. 2
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:42 pm

I think your record shop jumped the gun a bit and is probably selling them too soon. It's not on sale until the 14th here. :)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Fan on the run » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 am

What is the song list?

Band On The Run or Live And Let Die included? What about Long And Winding Road
Fan on the run

Postby EddieV » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:30 pm

Fan on the run wrote:What is the song list?

Band On The Run or Live And Let Die included? What about Long And Winding Road

No. This also surprised me
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Fan on the run » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:06 pm

Oh My God :shock:

Paul, why did you do this? :o Is it so hard to put every song you´ve playd in the concert on dvd? I´m not impressed.
Fan on the run

Postby EddieV » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:32 pm

Must say that Paul has an eye to the women in the crowd :lol:

Let Me Roll It is still a crowd-pleaser, why is he playing Foxy Lady in the end of the song??
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:55 pm

I'm sorry that Live and Let Die was omitted. Because that was the version I saw and felt (the flames were HOT), I really wanted it to be on the DVD. It was so memorable to see it live for the first time.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby obed27 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:08 pm

like Paul said: "This is for the Wings fans", I really enjoyed this bit of the concert when he performed TMP With SCITBW. He should do a concert with just Wings songs. At least one in a small venue and then release it on film.
obed27

Postby amazedbypaul » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:30 pm

I just got my copy today and I'm about halfway through watching it.
The sound quality is simply spectacular on this DVD and I am enjoying the interviews with Paul immensly. That being said I am very disappointed that they cut so much of the interaction he shares with the audience between songs such as the history behind certain songs etc.. They do show a clip from when he fell into the "hole" in Tampa which he handled very well. There is in mho way way way too many audience shots. Anyway I'm not through it all yet I don't want to be too negative.
It definetly brings back some great memories and the stage shots are fantastic. Also the footage with astronauts is really cool.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:55 pm

My DVD arrived yesterday. I've watched about half of so far. I like it--even though I, too, would like a pure concert DVD, this one'll do. Here's why.....

The crowd shots in this one don't bother me as much as they do on others. MaybeI'm OK with the crowd shots because this is the first (and only) Paul concert I've been to. Seeing the pure joy on the faces re-ignites what I felt that night, the overwhelming joyful emotion of being there, singing the songs that have been part of my life forever. I like seeing that there are others who "get" it. Those shots bring that night back to life for me.

The songs are great. Paul is great, in good voice in the cuts I've seen so far. Brian and Rusty and Wix are great, and Abe with his fluid flourishes is so awesome. How great it is to see it all again.

That night, I felt like I was in Paul's living room and that he was playing just for me. It was strange to feel that--in an arena filled with 16,000 others. But I did. But, the DVD makes me feel like it was a party hosted by Paul for 16,000 of his closest friends. And that not only was he making sure his guests were having fun, but he was having just as much fun as we were. And it was a party, for sure. A great one.

Had I not been at the concert, perhaps this DVD would have disappointed me. But I was there, and with this DVD I get to not only hear and see some great performances, but I get to relive the best night of my life. I'm going to enjoy it for a long time to come.

JennyWren
Last edited by JennyWren on Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos