MTV Unplugged Video?

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

MTV Unplugged Video?

Postby constv » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:23 pm

Does anyone know if Paul's MTV Unplugged show is available on VHS? Has anyone ever heard of any plans to release it on DVD? The CD is awesome! To me, it even beats the hell out of Eric Clapton's Unplugged. (That said, I do absolutely love the Clapton's CD.) But, for some reason, it is a rarity, and I haven't seen it released on video. As far as I know, only the Cavern Club show, the Get Back (last world tour documentary) and Wingspan were released on DVD so far... Any info on other Macca's LIVE performances on DVD???
Thanks
constv

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:55 am

The mtv unplugged show has not been released yet! But if they dicide to do so I hope they will include the complete show what all the mistakes and re-takes of the songs + new interviews about pauls thoughts on the show 11 years later.

the only thing i think that could be better is that he could have done without so many "non maccartney" originals.
Why didn´t they do songs like Sally G, Mother nature´s son (that one was rehersed i think) Two of us, Heart of the country and many more.
maybe Paul will do another acoustic show in the future.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby heybulldog4 » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:48 pm

I do know that the cd is out of print, but would love to see it on dvd. I think that it is one of his best live efforts to date. the unplugged gig in my opinion just showed the true talent of his writing. As of a new acoustic show? Yea, that be great, but does he have the band talent now like he had Robbie and Hammish? I'm not to sure? What do you guys think? But in any case he never gets bad muscicians anyways. Thanks....
heybulldog4

Postby Wings » Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:11 pm

How about "In The World Tonight". Its the making of the Flaming Pie album. Thats out on DVD. Along with the Peta Concert. Ive seen that on DVD.
Wings

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:09 am

MTV unplugged is available on cd from http://www.ginza.se
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA-Videos