Driving USA Tour DVD & CD

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Beatles Have Wings » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:10 pm

I have the DVD and CD...Both are OUTSTANDING, especially the DVD with the soundchecks. Anyway, my qustion, there seems to be no indication where the songs were recorded at. I think it would be a nice touch to list the city and song on the CD -- especially if you were at one of the shows. If anyone knows a city to song list, please list. i saw Paul twice this year and those were the two BEST concerts I've ever attended!
Beatles Have Wings

Postby Ram1 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:28 pm

Too much audience crap, man.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:07 pm

Wow!! How about those vocals on MY LOVE?? Awesome! YES!!
Ram1

Postby megs » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:51 pm

i got the c.d. yesterday its awsome (well it is as far as a live c.d. goes)u guys should get it[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:43 pm

I've watched it all the way though three times now and I still get choked up at the beginning of long and winding road. It just shows you what a good guy paul is and how much the crew really liked him.[:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Beatles Have Wings » Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:21 pm

After listening to the Back in the US CD, it sounds like it is a New York concert. During Hey Jude, Paul says "Now, Everybody in New York City". It does flow better than previous live recordings. Of course, they had to remove the stories Paul told at the beginning of many songs.
Beatles Have Wings

Postby megs » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:15 pm

quote:Originally posted by Beatles Have Wings
Of course, they had to remove the stories Paul told at the beginning of many songs.i wish they kept those[V]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:10 am

they kept part of the massage bit at the beginning of "you never give me your money/carry that weight."

I have been realizing that one of the big high points for me was "getting better". That was something specific that has stuck in my head from both concerts.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:00 am

I got my DVD today before work.
Didn't have any time to see it until now and I'm just checking out the Behind the Scenes section and was watching the macca-mania section. I can't believe it. The very nice Japanese man that I sat next to at Staples in May is in the DVD! He loves George and told me during Something: "This is why I came. I love George".
Wonderful to see you, Yoshi. What a great guy. You see him interviewed at the ETS preconcert party at The House of Blues next to Disneyland, Anaheim. He went to that concert too and I saw him again and said hello. He is holding up the cool ETS poster that we got. I have 3 of them and love them so much. You can see how cool the poster is. I also saw Sharon from Danville, CA. She sat next to Yoshi on the other side! She uses the handle sharonla on Paul's board. That was also very cool. She is fabulous. I saw her in the audience part of the Jay Leno show. That long black curly hair is a dead give away. Hugs for you, my buddy, Sharon. So proud to see you in the DVD, girl! She went to many concerts. Just couldn't stop!
I haven't had a chance to see the whole DVD yet, but it gets my vote A+. Just for the Behind the scenes stuff- the preshow, which I loved.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:49 am

I just bought it yesterday and I watched the entire three hours at once (while I should be studying [:I]). It's fantastic. Maybe a bit too many crowd shots (and overdubbed screams like in Get Back) but some of them are great too. The girl crying during Yesterday almost got to me too.

Was that Bin Ono squeaking along in Hey Jude?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos