Driving USA Tour DVD & CD

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:04 pm

This came from PaulMcCartney.com

A WORD TO EACH OF YOU 406,521 FANS WHO SAW SHOWS OF THE 'DRIVING USA' TOUR - WATCH OUT, YOU COULD VERY WELL FIND YOURSELF ON SCREEN WITH MACCA LATER THIS YEAR. PAUL WILL BE ISSUING A CD OF THE TOUR SHOW IN LATE NOVEMBER - PLUS A DVD OF THE TOUR IN STORES AROUND THE SAME TIME. WORD FROM INSIDE THE EDIT STUDIO IS THAT THE DVD WILL BE UTTERLY UNLIKE PREVIOUS FILMS OF MAC IN CONCERT (I.E. 'GET BACK' AND 'PAUL IS LIVE') IN THAT A GOOD WHACK OF THE THREE HOURS OF IT WILL CONTAIN BACKSTAGE AND OFF-DUTY FOOTAGE THE LIKES OF WHICH YOU NEVER GET TO SEE.

BESIDES TAKING YOU ON AN ACCESS ALL AREAS TOUR OF SOUND CHECK, DRESSING ROOMS, ON THE CREW BUS, AT THE AFTER-SHOW PARTIES, IN THE BACK SEAT OF HIS LIMO AND EVEN ABOARD HIS PRIVATE TOUR JET (AND A LOT MORE), THE DVD CONTAINS A LOT OF CROWD SCENES FROM THE GIGS. SO WATCH OUT FOR YOURSELF, WE'VE CAUGHT YOU CANDIDLY ON CAMERA ROCKING YOUR SOX OFF. AND, IN CERTAIN CASES, APPEARING TO ROCK OTHER ITEMS OF CLOTHING OFF BESIDES.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:04 pm

This came from PaulMcCartney.com

A WORD TO EACH OF YOU 406,521 FANS WHO SAW SHOWS OF THE 'DRIVING USA' TOUR - WATCH OUT, YOU COULD VERY WELL FIND YOURSELF ON SCREEN WITH MACCA LATER THIS YEAR. PAUL WILL BE ISSUING A CD OF THE TOUR SHOW IN LATE NOVEMBER - PLUS A DVD OF THE TOUR IN STORES AROUND THE SAME TIME. WORD FROM INSIDE THE EDIT STUDIO IS THAT THE DVD WILL BE UTTERLY UNLIKE PREVIOUS FILMS OF MAC IN CONCERT (I.E. 'GET BACK' AND 'PAUL IS LIVE') IN THAT A GOOD WHACK OF THE THREE HOURS OF IT WILL CONTAIN BACKSTAGE AND OFF-DUTY FOOTAGE THE LIKES OF WHICH YOU NEVER GET TO SEE.

BESIDES TAKING YOU ON AN ACCESS ALL AREAS TOUR OF SOUND CHECK, DRESSING ROOMS, ON THE CREW BUS, AT THE AFTER-SHOW PARTIES, IN THE BACK SEAT OF HIS LIMO AND EVEN ABOARD HIS PRIVATE TOUR JET (AND A LOT MORE), THE DVD CONTAINS A LOT OF CROWD SCENES FROM THE GIGS. SO WATCH OUT FOR YOURSELF, WE'VE CAUGHT YOU CANDIDLY ON CAMERA ROCKING YOUR SOX OFF. AND, IN CERTAIN CASES, APPEARING TO ROCK OTHER ITEMS OF CLOTHING OFF BESIDES.
Mike

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:12 pm

To reiterate what I said in the other post...YES! YES! YES! YES! I can't wait! LOL
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:42 pm

I had better do the same...again....LOL [:D]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not some drunk crowd member doing the lip-bite boogie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL. Choke.

I know what you mean, man. Get Back is probably the best example. But it also reminds me of when Paul and Heather were on Leno a few months back. They showed the absolute worst concert shots. Drunk men and women making complete idiots out of themselves, grinding next to their partners like they were at the backwoods rodeo. And unfortunately, that's what some people are gonna think Macca fans are really like! Leave out the close-up audience scenes! Except for H2, of course!
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:37 am

GREAT, AWESOME, WONDERFUL news, Mike!!![^]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:36 pm

November 26th, baby!! YES!!
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:11 am

Some new stuff describing this new DVD was posted today in MACCA-News. Read it there but in short they plan to have 30 of the 36 songs on the DVD as well as very intimate footage. "In the dressing room with him, in his limo, on his plane (to watch some rather bizzarre skylarking), at sound checks", "It's a fan's (wet) dream"
Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:53 am

I presume it will also be released here in England?
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:42 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Read it Liam...NOW!! LOL. I think it says that it WONT be, so as to not spoil the surprise when (if?) they get there.

I think I did read something to that effect since posting the above question . . . oh well . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:49 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I would take that as EXCELLENT news, Liam!!!

You mean he IS gonna be playing in his home country? I sure hope so! One would normally expect it to be on general release everywhere, so maybe that is a hint that he is coming to England at some point . . . which would indeed be excellent news . . . fingers crossed!
Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos