No Good Macca DVD ... :-(

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby amateur » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:06 am

2 of 3 wrote:Live in Spain 2004 is good because it's just straight ahead music without all the "stuff" in between.

Does, that concert has a video?,... really?.. man I want to get it.. I'll look for it...

See You,
Come on baby, we can get much higher
amateur

Postby JennyWren » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:42 pm

I think the Cavern Club video is pretty darn good. It seemingly portrays the gig well. But there is no equivalent (yet) for any of his large concerts.

JennyWren, who keeps on wishin' and hopin'
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Re: No Good Macca DVD ... :-(

Postby Wings » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:54 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:Should release a new one after this next tour he's doin'...

Either all music videos he's ever done, complimented by 5.1,
or of the tour he's doin'.

Why is it so hard to make a decent LIVE DVD???

Eagles did it, Neil Young included one with his last album, James Taylor's LIVE at beacon theatre was good...

I guess there's no point in even talking about it...
Chances of a great McCartney DVD coming out are slim.

I agree. And judging from the new DVD out in November it looks like the same thing. Why does Paul have to cut between songs to back stage interviews? Or why show the audience more then the band members?

Just make a concert film like the rest of the bands do. Then you if you want to include all the other stuff then put it in a Special Extras= section. That was a DVD is good for.

Also I don't need a 4th DVD of Paul singing Hey Jude or Get Back.
Wings

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:47 pm

Why does Paul have to cut between songs to back stage interviews? Or why show the audience more then the band members?

I think it has to do with controling the quality of the performance. If only part of the song is not top notch, why not cut away, dub the flub, and then come back for a good part again. Every band does this though. With multiple camera angles, there alway a chance to to an overdub, just when the mic is in front of an artists face for instance...so that nobody notices.

This is why Live In Madrid is so good. Just the show, flubs and all....and that makes it my favourite. Being a bootleg, it's not perfect quality..in fact the volume is terrible...you have to turn it up full...but it's still worth it. Great Spanish crowd too.

Anybody else who has this, feel free to review it. I was just wondering if your opinion was the same as mine. :)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Wings » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 pm

Wow. Would love a copy of that concert. :)
Wings

Postby Lazarus_2 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 pm

I have BITUS i think it's called that, damn, now i have to get-up and check...

Back in the U.S. Concert Film...

I have this, very dissapointing, i wouldn't call it an enjoyable experience, i won't be watching it again most-likely.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Back in the US is only flawed by it's stupid out of sequence running order and too many crowd shots. The content, (the performances) though, is top shelf.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Videos