"The ULTIMATE Paul McCartney Video Collection"

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Helter Skelter » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:25 am

I´d really love to get this. is the quality ok?
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:24 am

Mike! how do you get that 6 dvd collection. Do you know if I can buy it on amazon.com. Do you have all McCartneys dvd´s and videos. :roll:
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:55 pm

Just go to page 1 of this thread, where Mike has posted the email address of the guy who sells it. He was really nice and helpful, the only problem is that he doesn't accept credit cards - so you'd have to pay by International Money Order or a cheque drawn on a US account.

As for the quality, at least on my copies on my DVD ROM most of the 70s takes leave a lot to be desired - the image is often very dark and the sound not always very good either. But from the 80s onwards, the quality is quite good and I've really enjoyed watching most of it - despite my rather advanced age I hadn't seen many of the promo vids yet. There's also some great stuff from the 79 tour and "Tripping" and from a show called "Saturday Live" or something. The only thing I found a bit weird - apart from the poor (sound and image) quality of much of the 70s stuff - is that we get like 3 takes each of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "Biker like an Icon", but that's a matter of personal taste I suppose.

On the whole, I would say if you really are the "Biggest Paul Fan" (or the runner up), you should go for it.
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:32 pm

starzvideo@adelphia.net is his email address. Some of the 70's stuff I never had seen before. I too thought some of the material could have been better but when I went back and looked at the tons of material I have, I have found the video has degraded as well.

I was planning on putting everything I had on DVD but it was like 3 or 4 years too late. I had a great version of Let it Be on Beta stored away, only to find that it degraded to unplayable. I was well aware of degradation of video over the year and yes DVD's and Cd's will also degrade but not at the rate of video tape.

I was tremendously satisfied with the selection of videos and overall quality of this selection.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:20 pm

I have several home videos from the early 80's that I have been converting to DVD. Funny thing is, the Scotch tapes that I bought are virtually perfect, while the TDK's from the same period have deteriorated a bit. Thank goodness I had the majority on Scotch. I can't explain it, but it's the truth. Both were priced about the same at the time.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:09 am

Thanks Cologne girl, I will go for it!
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:10 am

But can´t you buy them in music shops?
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Helter Skelter » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:12 pm

No, they are "fan" made and not a official release..
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:33 pm

Be sure to mention MACCA-Central to get the special discount. ($10 off)
Mike

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:19 am

When I got the money I must buy it. How long time can you buy it?
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos