"PUT IT THERE" to be released on dvd

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:01 am

quote:Originally posted by macca-fan2000
This dvd is a rip off!!

Firstly- and V[:(!]RY annoying:

The intro's are edited out of a lot of the tracks, So a lot of the songs start at the chorus [?][?]

Firstly, Hamish is the most annoying thing about it. Secondly, they took the American version (on Showtime), obviously, which is a few minutes shorter. Does your VHS version have ALL the tracks starting at the beginning? Mine certainly does not.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby macca-fan2000 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:15 am

Yes Steve my (UK)vhs version is about 65 mins long and most songs are full versions......I'd like to reiterate,

1. why 4:3 screen ratio and not 16:9 [?]...when most(Europeans anyway) have widescreen tv's nowadays

2. The songs have been edited to pieces.......A lot of the songs start at the chorus- unlike the original (UK)vhs version.

And to add:

3. The only[V] so called "extra" is "The Long And Winding Road" and a feeble art gallery containing a whoppin' massive 10 pics.........can you believe they call that a picture gallery?!? LMFAO

4. No booklet at all. [?]

5. The picture quality is better than vhs but it's certainly not "DVD Quality" by any means.

The only good thing i can honestly say about this new dvd is the sound quality which is great.

This is a very dissapointing, Sub standard release, And to be honest, I would only recommend this dvd if you dont already have the VHS version.
macca-fan2000

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:08 pm

Thanks for the info mf2000. Can we find a way to get rid of Lamish Hamish? [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jamie » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:26 pm

i had nothing against hamish until i heard his vocal on 'aint no sunshine' on the mtv unplugged. it sounds painfull [:D]
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:06 am

quote:Originally posted by jamie
i had nothing against hamish until i heard his vocal on 'aint no sunshine' on the mtv unplugged. it sounds painfull [:D]
CHOKE!!! It's painful to all of us with hearing. I think he thought he was really rippin' it up.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby macca-fan2000 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:44 am

No offence guys but i thought Hamish was great.

He also played some very nice bass lines while on the 89-93 tours....and also on this video.

You guys can call him what you like......However- I doubt if Macca would agree with you.

You cant say Hamish was crap just because of "Aint No Sunshine"........he has a PROVEN track record as a session player....and as an Singer/Songwriter in his own right.
macca-fan2000

Postby Steve-o » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:19 am

Sorry 2000...Lame. Period. Bad back-up singer and very poor rythym guitarist, IMHO. Yes, he was decent with the Bass. But---Macca's not immune to making errors in personnel. He's human. And no offense taken, actually. We just agree to disagree. LAMISH HAMISH!!! [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:02 pm

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o
I think he thought he was really rippin' it up.

CHOKE!!!!

Yeah, my biggest complaint about Hamish was the background vocals. It sounded like he was straining all the time. And it just wasn't on "Ain't No Sunshine".

Anyway, sorry to hear about the DVD. My VHS copy is long gone, so the DVD may be a consideration in the future. But definitely no rush here.
Ram1

Postby jamie » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:34 pm

quote:Originally posted by macca-fan2000

No offence guys but i thought Hamish was great.

He also played some very nice bass lines while on the 89-93 tours....and also on this video.

You guys can call him what you like......However- I doubt if Macca would agree with you.

You cant say Hamish was crap just because of "Aint No Sunshine"........he has a PROVEN track record as a session player....and as an Singer/Songwriter in his own right.

well give him his dues i thought he did well on 'fitd' but that should have been it , he's woefull on everything else , his live work gets shown up by this current band . i dont doubt his track record as a singer/songwriter away from macca but he belongs in the 80's .[:D]
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:08 pm

I hate when he got that question how he wants stop his carrere. :( But it sounds also like he´s not are very glad to the interviewer :)
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos