When will that Video be out on DVD?

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

When will that Video be out on DVD?

Postby kened » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:24 am

I’d Love to see a DVD of Wings over America released soon. However that just makes me think of other DVD’s that would be nice to see released like Paul’s TV special from the early seventies, I think it was called James Paul McCartney. A collection of Paul’s Videos singles would be interesting spanning his entire career.

Any other thoughts as to what sould come out on DVD?
kened

Postby bianca_macca » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:30 am

O yes, wings over america on dvd would be sooo great [8D]!!!
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ghavi » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:07 pm

I really dont know very well what dvd is...better image? better sound? cd format?... I see wings over america in vhs, and thats enough for me..jejeje [:D]
Ghavi

Postby kened » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 pm

I never purchased many VHS tapes of music; the sound was great however the format never did anything for me. I like the extras on DVD and the way you can access almost any selection you want instantly.
I’ve never seen Wings Over America, always wanted to. Wore out my original triple LP and hung the poster (the side with the faces) in my room for most of my teenage years (15-20) on my closet door.
kened

Postby Helter Skelter » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:01 am

Ghavi. Yes DVD is far superior to DVD in everyway. Much better picture and sound quality and often a lot of extra stuff!

You won´t regret a dvd buy. But you should own a dvd player first though [;)]
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:13 am

quote:Originally posted by Helter Skelter
Ghavi. Yes DVD is far superior to DVD in everyway. Erm....I think your meant VHS somewhere in there, lol. And I agree. DVD IS superior in every way....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Maestri09 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:59 am

I finally saw "Wings over the world", as a bootleg, of course. there's some footage there that I had never seen before, and some of if was featured on Wingspan. What struck me the most is that it felt a lot like his solo concerts of the 90's without the technology. Denny was definitely the "wix" of that tour--he did a little bit of everything.
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:25 pm

Good ol' Denny. He'll be 59 on the 29th of this month, you know...
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ghavi » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:48 pm

quote:Originally posted by Helter Skelter
Ghavi. Yes DVD is far superior to DVD in everyway. Much better picture and sound quality and often a lot of extra stuff!

You won´t regret a dvd buy. But you should own a dvd player first though [;)]

I dont have a doubt that is much better quality and you can select the tracks etc...but, you know, sometimes is better slow down a bit the avance of technology in our lives...and relax, listening Red Rose Speedway in Vinyl...(and yes !!! you have to get up of your chair and change the side !!!)... [:D]
Ghavi

Postby kened » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:46 pm

My favorite part of vinyl records is that the side was twenty minutes and not 80. I use to love picking what side of an album I should listen to and then after that your friend would pick the next side of what ever record based on the mood that that record put us in. With CDs it’s just not the same to listen to music with friends.
kened

Return to MACCA-Videos