Paul is Live coming on DVD

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby bianca_macca » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:41 pm

I really liked the PIL-video very much, but maybe indeed Back in the World and/or Get Back are better. Personally I like the black-and-white footage a lot. I haven't seen PIL for a while, but isn't there a lot of beatles-footage mixed into the concert-video??
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby psnijder » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by jamie
YES ! 'moving on' that was the one i saw and didnt buy dam it . i think it was a TV documentary at first then released on video - just like 'macca in the world tonight' right psnijder ?

Possible, I don't know, I buy all video footage I can get, but not everything is really worth to have or to buy.

Anyway, I like to see him play bass, because I am a bass player myself, so I like Put it there, and Up close. However in the new concert video's you don't get a good sight on the hands of McCartney, to see how he plays a riff, unfortunatly. More shots on his (old) face than on his hands, too bad.

Do you play bass in a band Jamie?

Pascal
psnijder

Postby jamie » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:27 am

na i only do acoustic , quite badly at it 2 hehe ! so what song footage is on 'paul is live ' ?
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Thomas » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:36 pm

It has about the same tracklist al de PIL cd. The Video/dvd has Let it Be, Yesterday and Hey Jude as well. It´s ok, Not great IMHO.
Thomas

Postby jamie » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:57 pm

yes its a strange choice for release !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby psnijder » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:24 pm

Get Back is a lot better than Paul is live.
psnijder

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:18 am

LOS ANGELES --July 22, 2003--Liberty International Entertainment Inc. (Delaware Corporation) (OTC-Pink Sheets:LIEI), a leading producer and distributor of entertainment programming, announced that it has acquired the exclusive distribution rights to the DVD and Video release of "Paul Is Live in concert on the New World Tour," featuring Paul McCartney singing some of The Beatles classics, Wings standards and others. The DVD will be available in the United States in August 2003 and will be released in Europe in October 2003.

Randy Naft, President of Liberty International Entertainment Inc., said, "Releasing a DVD by Paul McCartney, who is considered one of the most successful entertainers in the world today, has contributed a great deal of prominence and recognition for the company." The DVD features and highlights over 20 classic McCartney, Wings and Beatles songs, timeless concert footage, rare McCartney family footage, a biography and photo gallery, Dolby Digital Headphone and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby megs » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:24 pm

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[:D]...thats next month
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:15 am

Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:02 am

quote:Originally posted by psnijder
Get Back is a lot better than Paul is live.
BITUS is much better than both of those, IMHO. But it will be nice addition, plus I get to see more Hamish acting like, well...Hamish. (Long time members know that was a joke, as I think Hamish is, erm...--let's be nice...less than Paul's most talented hired hands.)
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos