Beatles Anthology - DVD version

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:46 pm

Well, tomorrow's the big day! (In the U.S. at least) I'm anxious to check out all of the bonus material. (Jam sessions, videos, etc.)
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:46 pm

Well, tomorrow's the big day! (In the U.S. at least) I'm anxious to check out all of the bonus material. (Jam sessions, videos, etc.)
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brains » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:09 pm

I'm anxious to hear all about it... Too expensive to buy it immediately.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:13 pm

The Beatles have put a MAJOR dent in my wallet the past several months, LOL! Fortunately a major U.S. retail chain is selling the box set at half price tomorrow. If I wait, I may have to pay twice as much.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:10 pm

Well, which one??? Are you planning on buying them all?
DylansMrJones

Postby theDingle » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:09 am

My wife did the amazon.com deal for our anniversary. It probably won't arrive until next week...but it's in the bag, YAHOO!
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby paja » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:06 pm

I just picked up my copy from Borders. Can't wait to watch it. After work,that is.[:D]
paja

Postby maccastheman » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:15 am

I've seen most of the "Special Features" disc now. Very cool, laid back stuff. I liked the jam session in the studio. Lots of great oldies covers. I also liked the conversation about Elvis - how George saw him again in the early '70s, etc.

The stuff at Abbey Road was really cool, too. To see them retrace their steps in the studio together was awesome.

Very, very good stuff. It was really great seeing Paul, George, and Ringo hanging out years later and seeming to enjoy each other's company. I'm so glad they did this before George had to leave us.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:06 pm

I got it late yesterday and have not had a chance to watch. I can't believe I'm putting work before the Beatles. My priorities suck, lol. Hopefully...this evening. And I'll head right for the extra stuff....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:32 pm

Watched most of it. At 11:13 total running time, I can't believe how much more added forrtage there is compared to the original broadcast. Minus the bonus disc, it still comes to 9:53. I never bought the VHS versions. How long were they in total?

I'm very happy with this DVD. The crystal clear footage of Shea and other milestones is unreal. All of the promo videos (most at their original length) was a great touch. I paid 47.99 at Best Buy, and it is, WAD, my best beatles buy ever. What a deal. I will watch this thing over and over. And, of course, with the programs divided in a logical manner, it is easy to jump to what you want. AWESOME!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos