Question. Please help!

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Question. Please help!

Postby Aujouret » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:14 pm

I remember seeing a video of Paul's- I think it was one of the LIVE ones where he did the medley of John's songs: Strawberry Fields, Help and Give Peace A Chance. Does anyone recall this?
I heard it on our Bkfst with the Beatles here in LA and didn't get a clue as to where it came from.
Help![:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:00 pm

Yes, Auj. I saw him do it live. It was a Lennon tribute that he did every night on the 2nd (stadium) leg of the 1990 US Tour. He did Help/Strawberry Fields/Give Peace a Chance medley it somewhere....not sure WHERE though, lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:08 am

How cool to have seen him do those live.
I know I saw it on some video, but I can't find it now.
I thought it might be on Put It There, but it isn't.
And it isn't on Get Back either.[?]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Thomas » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:09 am

I don´t know where to get a video from it, but you can download the medley. It is on Kazaa. It is fun to listen but it is not that good, Paul should have done better with those songs.
Thomas

Postby BYTOWN » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:59 am

I Have a Japanese import of All My Trials. On this CD is All My Trials, C Moon and Strawberry Fields Forever/Help/Give Peace A Chance. The first two were recorded on 27/10/89 in Milan. The medley of John's songs were recorded in Liverpool on 28/6/90. I think it is a great medley. The crowd was really into it, resulting in the band starting up Give Peace A Chance again, to join in with the audience. I have never seen a video for this mix, I am not sure there is one out there. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that subject. Cheers
BYTOWN

Postby Aujouret » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
I don´t know where to get a video from it, but you can download the medley. It is on Kazaa. It is fun to listen but it is not that good, Paul should have done better with those songs.

Thank you, Thomas- I'll give it a try.[:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:31 pm

quote:Originally posted by BYTOWN
I Have a Japanese import of All My Trials. On this CD is All My Trials, C Moon and Strawberry Fields Forever/Help/Give Peace A Chance. The first two were recorded on 27/10/89 in Milan. The medley of John's songs were recorded in Liverpool on 28/6/90. I think it is a great medley. The crowd was really into it, resulting in the band starting up Give Peace A Chance again, to join in with the audience. I have never seen a video for this mix, I am not sure there is one out there. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that subject. Cheers

I am sure that this is what I was looking for, Bytown. My supplier doesn't carry this, however- any clue as to where I might be able to get one? Thank you mucho mungo.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:23 am

Oh, Thomas, that Kazaa!
Jeez- that is one of those things thatWANNA TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER !!!
like winzip. ya wanna download one little tiny file and the sucker wants to take over your life. And just try to uninstall it!!!! Took all day. And then it is still there! You can still find it hiding and lurking around.... The little brat tried to steal my browser too! Where the heck is my Yahoo? I said. Jeez- I need a nap after all that.....[|)]

Reminds me of one of George's songs:
BEWARE OF KAZAA
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby BYTOWN » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:09 pm

I think I bought this CD in Toronto at Sam's, years ago. Unfortunately they are no longer around, they had the best selection of imports, but times have changed! It is a Japanese import, so maybe it was never made in North America. The impression I get from listening is that he performed this medley one time only(because it was in Liverpool). I could be wrong about that though. I have not seen it anywhere since then. If you want, I could make a copy onto a CD and send it to you. Let me know, what you would like to do. Cheers
BYTOWN

Postby Brains » Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:33 pm

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret
Oh, Thomas, that Kazaa!
Jeez- that is one of those things thatWANNA TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER !!!
like winzip. ya wanna download one little tiny file and the sucker wants to take over your life. And just try to uninstall it!!!! Took all day. And then it is still there! You can still find it hiding and lurking around.... The little brat tried to steal my browser too! Where the heck is my Yahoo? I said. Jeez- I need a nap after all that.....[|)]

Reminds me of one of George's songs:
BEWARE OF KAZAA

I've never had any problems with Kazaa...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos