My valentine official video

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

My valentine official video

Postby eggman1979 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

I, personally, loved it. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4dzzv81 ... R-QoWjg7fc
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: My valentine official video

Postby lorraine » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:09 pm

I liked the video and Natalie and Johnny's use of sign language added a nice touch too. It was Stella's idea to have Natalie and Johnny use sign language.
lorraine

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:47 pm

That's really nicely done. I notice that our kid directed it too.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Jeremy K2 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:05 am

I'm not normally one who makes gradiose sweeping stsatements but her goes...

That was the most beautiful music video I have ever seen. ^:)^

... and are probably ever will in my lifetime.

simply beautiful!!!!!
Jeremy K2

Postby Awesoman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Just like the album the song comes from, I found it to be a little too heavy on the "schmaltz" for my tastes.
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm

...except...there really is no 'schmaltz' to either the song, the video or the album: you want schmaltz...go watch rod stewart...or lawrence welk

i guess artists dabbling creatively with different musical conventions just isn't allowed...better let clapton know he needs to stop making those blues albums...it's all just fakery, anyway.

might as well have no one ever really try hard at doing something different, never mind get credit for getting it right.

yeah, right, i know...you're just expressing your opinion about how you feel about the last paul mccartney album...funny, me too

great album, great song...great, creative video...thanks for posting it
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Awesoman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:04 pm

mr h atom wrote:...except...there really is no 'schmaltz' to either the song, the video or the album: you want schmaltz...go watch rod stewart...or lawrence welk

i guess artists dabbling creatively with different musical conventions just isn't allowed...better let clapton know he needs to stop making those blues albums...it's all just fakery, anyway.

might as well have no one ever really try hard at doing something different, never mind get credit for getting it right.

yeah, right, i know...you're just expressing your opinion about how you feel about the last paul mccartney album...funny, me too

great album, great song...great, creative video...thanks for posting it

Just merely expressing my ever-humble (yet objective!) opinion, Atom; no need to be a cry-baby about it. And yes, schmaltz is schmaltz. And that is certainly not an unfair assessment for an album of Easy Listening standards. But alas, to each his own. Glad you enjoy the album; I simply can't get into it for the life of me. Looking forward to his more proper studio album he's been working on.
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 pm

i ain't bein' a cry baby.. :cry:

...of course, your opinion of any album is just a valid as anyone elses (blah-blah-blah) ... ^:)^ ...even if totally wrong ! :lol:

ah...i kill myself ... and you, you're................awesome...man :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm

You know, of all the reviews I read for KOTB, I can't recall a single one of them calling it schmaltz. To call something 'schmaltz' is quite an insult and most if not all of the reviews I read described the album as an honest interpretation of songs from a bygone era, worthy in every way. The term 'schmaltz', however is reserved for hacks, the uninspired, the unimaginitive, the unartistic...kinda like awesomman's post. :roll:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby joefig66 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 pm

I think this video is one of those times where "The Empereror has no clothes" and no one is willing to tell Paul that the video was boring as hell. OK, we get it, it's in sign language but to have to sit through this for the whole song ..... It wasn't a great video. They said big news, Paul directed it. I'm sure that took a lot of work. lol. All of us REAL Paul fans know that he has occasionally given us a few cringe making moments at time. I"m sure people agree that this ranks up there with the corny bit at the end of "So Glad To See You here" or the ending of the song Rock Show. Or Lazy Dynamite. etc. And it doesn't make us not Paul fans to say something he did sucked.
I'm sure deaf people really liked it though.
joefig66

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos