Lennon was a "swine" - Paul deserves props

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby shinestar » Mon May 13, 2002 12:03 am

First of all, let me say I totally agree with everything everyone has said about the John/Paul/Beatles relationship. However, please let me add my memories: Paul wanted his new in-laws to represent the Beatles and John, being paranoid (and likely into heroin by that point) was afraid relatives would favor Paul - not likely as the Eastmans are some of the best entertainment lawyers around. In their shoes (yeah, right) I would have hired Klein but gone over every decimal point if I had to take accounting classes to do it. John wanted him because he did good stuff for the Stones.

As to the Paul/John&Yoko thing, in the beginning of their relationship after John left Cyn, he and Yoko lived with Paul for awhile when he was with American Francie Schwartz who was working at Apple. Paul typed an anonymous note which he left on the mantel calling Yoko - oh beans, I can't recall the exact wording and am too lazy to look it up - but I believe it was something like "damn Jap" and totally trashed her. The Lennons never got over this, understandably to my mind. Of course, Paul was close to Cyn which probably had something to do with it. I have no judgement here, just sorrow.

John would probably never have married Cyn if she hadn't gotten pregnant with Julian. When J. was a baby/toddler, John was on the road with The Beatles. Granted he and Yoko were wrong re Julian's inheritance. But let's understand that Julian is now almost as old as John when he passed. Isn't it time for him to grow up and let the past go? Oh, please, please don't go jumping down my throat for this!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Mon May 13, 2002 7:18 am

We are not going to jump down your throat. shinestar everything you just said, most of us have already read in many a book, and seen many a documentary, it's not new to us. Being as I and so many others grew up hooked on the beatles at age 3 many things became common knowledge to us.

So no worries about anyone freaking out on you over this post, Facts are facts, and that's what we like

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon May 13, 2002 8:27 am

one time cyn came home after shopping and found john and yoko in her and john's house. Lennon had a tendancy to be d*ck sometimes. Paul probably had to put up with a lot of ***censored*** like that, and it was probably hard for paul to watch john do this, being as he wanted a family so bad. He was watching the beatles slip away and observing what was going on with cyn and jules and couldn't really do anything about it. I know paul is not a saint and I don't worship the ground he walks on but The facts clearly point out that john was a bit of a jerk sometimes.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby shinestar » Mon May 13, 2002 11:12 pm

You're right, Scrodfish. John could be a real jerk, as could all the Beatles. We have to remember how young they were when they made it so big. Paul and George were under age! I hated the way John left Yoko. Oh, and by the way, I've read that Cyn had her own fling on that holiday before she came home to find the two lovebirds. I don't know, man. I'm an artist and I would never behave as Yoko did. But then I'm not ambitious either and she was very ambitious as we know.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions