Kids have no idea about music

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Rundevilrun » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:16 pm

not defending all "modern" music of the time... What did all the parents of baby boomers say during the advent of rock? "It's just a fad," or "it won't last." I think history will repeat itself hear, and this type of "modern" music will be around a lot longer than hoped for... Just an observation. The older generation hated a "new" type of music and then it becomes the soundtrack for a younger generation. We'll see in about 30 years! [:)]
Rundevilrun

Postby Ram1 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:35 pm

I understand what you're saying, RDR, but I highly doubt Britney Spears and these 16 year old kiddie punk bands are gonna be remembered as some great musical innovators in 30 years. REAL rock bands are already starting to creep back into the scene, pushing some of this weak teeny-bopper music out. Even the current issue of Rolling Stone has something like "Return of the Rock" on the front cover or something. I do firmly believe this current state of music is a fad. And I'm only 24 years old saying that.
Ram1

Postby megs » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:44 pm

hmmmmmm great point ram[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:53 pm

True mr. ram, there are great new rock bands out there right now, that nobody knows about because the record industry is only concerned with pretty faces and great bodies and poppy music. I ma glad to see the boy band thing dying off unfortunatly it was four years too late for me.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Rundevilrun » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:49 am

When the Beatles broke on the scene in 1964, the listening audience was the youth of america, notably pre-adolescent and teenagers. That is the same audience that is listening to today's music. While it is a somewhat different type of music, it will become what the beatles were to the baby boomers... That's why at pointfest or summer jam, the average age is around 20 and at a macca concert, the average age is 45. It's not a question of the quality of music, it's just what kids are listening to these days and it will be looked back upon as "great music" when they are older.
Rundevilrun

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:14 am

quote:Originally posted by Rundevilrun
When the Beatles broke on the scene in 1964, the listening audience was the youth of america, notably pre-adolescent and teenagers. I have to disagree on that one. My parents, who were 30 and 32 at the time, were major fans, as were many of their friends. I know they were not alone. The Beatles captured the hearts of many, not just the teenagers.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:55 am

Agreed. Roger Daltrey has recently spoken out attacking all these shows like Fame Academy and Popstars that are on TV right now. As he says - you can't manufacture rock & roll.

Rock & roll grows in popularity gradually, by working its way up to the top. This manufactured sh!t is plugged into the top, and from there it can only go one way - down and out! By the time the next hype show comes along, the last winner is forgotten about. QED.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Nature Boy » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:45 pm

You people have no idea of great rock. You gotta buy some of the great bands like Warrant, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, Kid 'n Play, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Slaughter, Skid Row, Mister Mister, and the Buggles. The Beatles are great, but the Stones are better. The Stones have true grit. The Beatles were a little soft. Paul is good though. He rocked on this last tour. The Beatles are great, Stones are the best. Nature Boy has spoken.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Nature Boy

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by Nature Boy
The Beatles are great, Stones are the best. Nature Boy has spoken.
OK, King FishNatureMan....geez.....Stones were good....emphasis on GOOD..and they were freaking copycats, too.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:02 pm

the stones wer good, but all those other band u mentioned suck(well except for the beatles and paul)[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions