Kids have no idea about music

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:34 pm

Have to say that I´m wondered about your musical taste Megs, are you sure you´re 17??
Or maybe you´re a 17girl that came through a time machine from the seventies???LOL[:D] Great taste, keep on, girl!!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:20 am

Megs is 15, Nito.

Living Colour was actually around for a while. They released a couple critically acclaimed albums later in the 90s. Just didn't get a lot of airplay. They didn't break up too long ago.
Ram1

Postby megs » Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:04 pm

dont worry nito someone else on here thought i was 13[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:44 am

Look in my eyes..what do you see.....The cult of personality....

Love it!! Smokin's guitar player Vernon Reid....my son, who was like 10 at the time, got me into Living Colour. I think Corey Glover is now acting...saw him in something....I may look it up [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:48 am

Crap!! Forgot he was in Platoon BEFORE that first album.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:19 pm

Great post guys, I think it has to do with everything all of you have said!! I'm going to share from the heart and honestly with you all!! I'm 47 years old and African American, now imagine growing up in the late 60s and 70s listening to the Beatles, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Foghat, Bad Company, you get the idea.
In the 70s it was different, you didn't see many whites at black concerts and you definetely didn't see many blacks at rock concerts!! So my black friends were constantly asking me what are you doing listening to that white boy music, while my white friends were amazed that I listened to rock and roll!!
For the most part I think the youth of today listen to it all even though todays music is just a bunch of corporate product! I am a bonafide Maccafan, I have seen him live four times, (Wings 76 and now are the best tours in my opinion) I have every one of his albums, quite a few bootlegs, and I can't wait for the new live CD and DVD!!
The best black rock bands are Mothers Finest and The Bus Boys, they both just flat out rock!! As for the kids of today, all I can say is really good music never goes away, so as they get older they'll realize how awesome the Beatles and Paul McCartney really are!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:07 pm

quote:all I can say is really good music never goes away, so as they get older they'll realize how awesome the Beatles and Paul McCartney really are!!

all i can say right now is "long live rock" (its a song by the who), i guess that sums it all up[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:28 am

Agreed with Megs. Good music should transcend all barriers - age, gender, race . . . people like The Beatles are loved by everyone, and with good reason.

Lock all the politicians in a big room with each other. Then the rest of the world can live in peace.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby megs » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:24 pm

ghetto politicians[:o)] la la la hmm silly clown. giant buunny's la la la[:)][:D][8D][:I][:p][}:)][;)][:o)][B)][8][:(][8)][:0][:(!][xx(][|)][:X][^][V][?]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:28 pm

Erm...
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions