Beatles Sessions... Anybody Else ???

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ghavi » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:09 pm

Well I got to admit that in a very short while i get use to enter here... And i have a doubt...
My friend Grillo and me use to get togehter every Friday (Im in Argentina Now) in his home we and hear a couple of beatles albums and i mean HEAR... We rewind like 300 times every song and try to memorize bass parts etc...We Talk about the relashionships between their life, music, womens, haircuts, travels, etc etc etc...
Then we try to concentrate in only the bass or the drums of each song and its an religious experiencie... Every day we discover more things and we are more crazy every day... Anyway...
Anybody does that to ??? Or we are the only ones...??? Maybe Grillo that speaks better english that i do can explain better... [}:)]
Ghavi

Postby Ghavi » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:09 pm

Well I got to admit that in a very short while i get use to enter here... And i have a doubt...
My friend Grillo and me use to get togehter every Friday (Im in Argentina Now) in his home we and hear a couple of beatles albums and i mean HEAR... We rewind like 300 times every song and try to memorize bass parts etc...We Talk about the relashionships between their life, music, womens, haircuts, travels, etc etc etc...
Then we try to concentrate in only the bass or the drums of each song and its an religious experiencie... Every day we discover more things and we are more crazy every day... Anyway...
Anybody does that to ??? Or we are the only ones...??? Maybe Grillo that speaks better english that i do can explain better... [}:)]
Ghavi

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:21 pm

Ghavi----My friends and I did that around 1970-71 quite alot, actually. I was 15-16 years old, and we listened to it ALL, over and over. I was converting 2 good friends (One 14 years old the other 17) to the joys of Beatle music---both of them being Zep Heads, etc. We all played one form of guitar or another--none of us very well either... I took them, chronilogically thru the catalogue, and by the time we hit "Pepper", they were amazed---and hungry for more. No doubt that they had heard singles over the years on the radio, but they were not "into" them as much as I was/am. Why not? Their excuse was that the Beatles were commercials artists (yeah yeah yeah), and they listened to cool stuff only--they always resisted them. At the end of Beatles 101, (about 3 months, 2 or 3 nights a week for a few hours per night), they were hooked---and HUGELY hooked, I might add. One of them, I still keep in touch with---He wound up a HUGE Lennon fan, and a casual macca fan, but I dont hold that against him--we have good debates--but I cant get him to join the forum---he is NOT that into PC's, and thinks it's a CHAT room or something, and thinks his wife will get mad, LOL. The other kid, I have no idea where he is. Gong thru this with them was as close to a religious experience as I'll ever get to, LOL.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghavi » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:24 pm

[:D]Well we got to admit that we smoke a lot of pot... to sensibilize our ears for so magnific music...and hear everything better...
[:D]
Ghavi

Postby Grillo » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:27 pm

Shhhhh dont tell, its a secret, you damn pottie [:D]
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ghavi » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:31 pm

Uhhh Yeah ???... mmmm i dont think so... Everybody knows... Even our mothers... [:D][:D][:D]
Ghavi

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:38 pm

Erm....We were listening in 1970-71. Draw your own conclusions, there, Cheech and Chong. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ghavi
Everybody knows... Even our mothers... [:D][:D][:D]
I'm sure that she is brimming with pride!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bianca_macca » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:30 pm

Later this month I'll have a macca-marathon with some friends I also took to his show. We're gonna watch the back in the world dvd first and after that I have plenty of material left.... many hours of anthology for example!![:D] We could watch help, or a hard days night or check out some old macca-concerts (Get back, paul is live or rockshow). In case we're still not satisfied [:p] I have quite a few tapes with interviews or appearences on television by paul.

....I think it will be a fun night!!!
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Grillo » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:55 pm

quote:Originally posted by bianca_macca
Later this month I'll have a macca-marathon with some friends I also took to his show. We're gonna watch the back in the world dvd first and after that I have plenty of material left.... many hours of anthology for example!![:D] We could watch help, or a hard days night or check out some old macca-concerts (Get back, paul is live or rockshow). In case we're still not satisfied [:p] I have quite a few tapes with interviews or appearences on television by paul.

....I think it will be a fun night!!!

Sounds really great, could i go?
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions