Selfish Harrison Words...

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Selfish Harrison Words...

Postby Ghavi » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:10 pm

Can anybody translate to me what Harrison say before I Me Mine in the Antohology disc 3... I really want to know exactly what he said...
Thanks...[:D][:D][:D]
Ghavi

Postby DylansMrJones » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:13 pm

"Y'all would have read that, uh...Dave Dee's no longer with us, but Mickey and Tich and I just like to carry on the good work that's always gone down in Number Two."

John Lennon was absent from the 1970 Beatles sessions, and the above comment from George refers to John's absence. Number Two is a reference to the EMI Studio where The Beatles recorded a majority of their works.
DylansMrJones

Postby Ghavi » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:14 am

quote:Originally posted by DylansMrJones
"Y'all would have read that, uh...Dave Dee's no longer with us, but Mickey and Tich and I just like to carry on the good work that's always gone down in Number Two."

John Lennon was absent from the 1970 Beatles sessions, and the above comment from George refers to John's absence. Number Two is a reference to the EMI Studio where The Beatles recorded a majority of their works.

So... Dave,Mikey and Tich are...??? Engeneers???
I me mine is a song about the ego war between Leenon and Macca so i think that the comment about "numer two" is because Harrison songs was always after the other lennon-macca songs...My mistake... If you say that makes reference of the number of the studio is ok !
[:)]
Thanks...Anybody have a diffrent point of view ???
Sorry for my english...[xx(]
Ghavi

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:49 am

Dave, Tich & Mick are names of fellows who had a band in England in the sixties and achieved some chart success. Unfortunately I don't recall which rock band they were in. But George probably liked them so he made that mock-statement "to the press" using their names...

Perhaps somebody can help us on the band name.
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:29 am

Would love to help you on the band name!

The band was called:

"Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich"

Isn't it wonderful? [:D]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 1?v=glance
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ghavi » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:15 pm

Great... If Harrison like that band I think I should give them a chance to hear them...[:p]
Anybody thinks (like i do) that I Me Mine is a direct message to Lennon and Macca Ego-War...??? [:0]
Ghavi

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:11 pm

I donĀ“t think so. I think George picked that title as a sarcastic, good-humorous way to name a book he gave us (for a $price$, of course)fans a book on his songs, his thoughts on several subjects, his pictures, an so on...[:)]
Berkeleyan

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions