Beatles in Concert

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Beatles in Concert

Postby fletch » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:20 am

Hi All,

I'd like to hear from those of us who were fortunate enough to hear
the Beatles 'Live'. I saw them on August 19, 1966 at the Mid South
Coliseum. My mother bought tickets for us as an early birthday present for me (August 21st). The guys played almost 25 minutes. You could not hear that much coz as soon as they hit the stage, the crowd started screaming. The only song that I did manage to hear was 'Yesterday'. I swear you could hear a pin drop. Anyhow, to make a long story short, this concert included the infamous 'cherry bomb'. Some idiot threw one at the stage. I remember seeing Paul looking to his right to see if John had been shot.
fletch

Beatles in Concert

Postby fletch » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:20 am

Hi All,

I'd like to hear from those of us who were fortunate enough to hear
the Beatles 'Live'. I saw them on August 19, 1966 at the Mid South
Coliseum. My mother bought tickets for us as an early birthday present for me (August 21st). The guys played almost 25 minutes. You could not hear that much coz as soon as they hit the stage, the crowd started screaming. The only song that I did manage to hear was 'Yesterday'. I swear you could hear a pin drop. Anyhow, to make a long story short, this concert included the infamous 'cherry bomb'. Some idiot threw one at the stage. I remember seeing Paul looking to his right to see if John had been shot.
fletch

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:57 am

My Mum (!)saw them at Bristol Colston Hall (UK), during the autumn 1963 UK tour. (40 years later, I took her to see one of the four on her birthday, 19 April)

Mum was a little angry that she couldn't hear anything. The only thing she heard was screaming. She does have a clear memory though of looking through the sea of people to see George and Paul shaking their heads, giving it the "ooo" on one mike.

By the way, if Paul was looking over to John he would have been looking to his left. [;)] Unless he had his back to you of course...
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby paja » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:08 pm

I've posted this before,but here goes: My dad took my sister and I to see the BEATLES in Chicago. It was 1964 at the old International Amphitheatre(now torn down)on the south side of Chicago. I do have a vague rememberance of the show. The BEATLES were on a small stage located on the west end of the venue. They came out to screaming by the mostly young female crowd and it was hard to hear the music. They played for about 45 minutes.[^]
paja

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions