The Beatles '1'

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:56 pm

I didn´t buy it either but I´ve borrowed it from a friend of mine just to compare it to the earlier Beatles cds. And the sound is really better. The remastering is very good. The music jumps out of the speakers. Now you can really hear the bassdrum and Pauls bass clearly in the 62-65 recordings.
[:D]
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jamie » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:22 am

quote:Originally posted by DylansMrJones
I think I look at the booklet more than I play the CD, but it's a great disc. Sort of a highlights from the 1962-1966 and 1967-70 albums affair. I'm more inclined to play their regular albums as opposed to compilations.

I often take "1" along with me in my Sony Discman when I go out for my daily walk. It's nice to have a BEATLES cd that lasts more than 40 minutes.

I don't expect a follow-up called "2". If they did another compilation I'd like to see one that focuses on THE BEATLES'GREATEST NON-HITS. A collection of tracks that never appeared on any US or UK singles or compilations.

What's the point of the "1" compilation? Considering the number of younger people I know who made this their first Beatles purchase, the point was INTRODUCING THE BEATLES to the new generation. I think it was a success.
i cant argue with that - the red and blue albums introduced me to the beatles. in saying that if my kid sis asked me about the beatles id probably give her 'revolver' rather than a compilation [:D]
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions