epstein's death

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

epstein's death

Postby megs » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:44 am

do u think Brian's death might have something to do with the break up of the Beatles, cos' we all know they broke up cos they coul'dnt get along and all that, but before Brians death hey were fine and right afterwords they started to not to get along starting w/ the sgt. pepper album which was right after Brian's death[8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

epstein's death

Postby megs » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:44 am

do u think Brian's death might have something to do with the break up of the Beatles, cos' we all know they broke up cos they coul'dnt get along and all that, but before Brians death hey were fine and right afterwords they started to not to get along starting w/ the sgt. pepper album which was right after Brian's death[8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bianca_macca » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:46 am

In some way Brian managed to hold them together. I think he was like a father or teacher to them; they didn't want to disappoint him. After his death they were very confused. He wasn't only a friend, but also their bussiness-manager and he had probably messed things up a little bit. The beatles themselves knew literally nothing about their bussines-affairs because brian had always done everything. That's when the fights came in, like with Alan Klein. But I don't think we can say that if Brain hadnt died they would still be together.
(only maybe John hadn't met Yoko [;)][:D])
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:30 pm

I agree Bianca...after The Beatles had decided to close their live shows-era, Brian had not much things to do anymore, because he always liked to manage their live tours all over the world, that was his life... Ending the live shows, he was very depressed and did not see much more reasons in his life even knowing that The Beatles would never desmiss him...though it seems that his death by overdose was accidental, not a suicide...nobody still knows .

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:29 pm

I think Brian's death was the beginning of the end but not the only factor which lead to the breakup.. the Beatles saw him as somewhat of a father figure and after his death I guess they felt abit insecure and vulnerable as they had no one they could really trust..
Gastro (gone)

Postby bianca_macca » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:54 am

exactly gas!
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:12 am

I also agree on this, it's clear that Brian's death was just ONE of the several reasons for the group breakup...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby wolf » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:44 pm

Yoko was a big influence..at the end.
wolf

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:51 pm

As far as I can tell John met Yoko for the first time at Indica Gallery, around November 1966. Brian E. passed away in August ´67.
So it´s kinda funny that Yoko showed up many months before Brian´s passing. On the other hand, John at first did not take much interest in her. But she took a huge one on him and kept on writing to him, persisting on getting in touch with him for months until he agreed to see her again.The rest we all know about...
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Maestri09 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:37 pm

Brian's death was obviously an accident. I mean, in one year he would've run Apple (or perhaps something similar but less risky), so it's not like he would have had nothing to do. I think paul said once that it was money and business that split "The Beatles", not anything else, so brian's death was really the death of the beatles as a business.

by the way, It was the Beatles (I.E. Brian epstein/"british invasion") that began pop music as a mega marketing tool that produced millions and made music a real profitable business (Britney Spears should be thankful). before the beatles, artists went penniless once their days were done, notably in Jazz.
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions