1994 BEATLES SESSIONS

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

1994 BEATLES SESSIONS

Postby jamie » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:55 pm

We all know 'Free as a Bird ' and 'Real love' were released but I read somewhere that there were two other new songs recorded during the 1994 sessions . Does anyone else know more about this ? There was also a one-hour jamming session of tracks recorded by the 3 guys ! they did 'love me do' 'roll over beethoven' and 'i saw her standing there' among other tracks'.
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

1994 BEATLES SESSIONS

Postby jamie » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:55 pm

We all know 'Free as a Bird ' and 'Real love' were released but I read somewhere that there were two other new songs recorded during the 1994 sessions . Does anyone else know more about this ? There was also a one-hour jamming session of tracks recorded by the 3 guys ! they did 'love me do' 'roll over beethoven' and 'i saw her standing there' among other tracks'.
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:06 pm

No....never heard of that..just alot of rumours over the years....the only stuff I have direct knowledge of is what was recorded for the DVD. Do you have mp3's of the oldies you mentioned?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jamie » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:29 am

no , it was just a news article i read in the 'sun' newspaper 18/2/2003 (i dont know if you can look this up on the net or not). it talks about a session recorded at George's home , friar park in Oxfordshire on june 23 1994. Paul and George were on acoustic guitars and ukuleles and Ringo on drums (i havent got the anthology dvd so i dont know what was included on that but the 'sun' claims this one hour set could be released this year ).Sounds interesting though !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:27 pm

There's some stuff on the bonus Anthology disk - but no Beatles tracks. Things like Raunchy, Midnight Special etc.

We can also look forward to unreleased Beatles track "Carnival of Light" before too long....
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jamie » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:05 pm

yes theres a load of unreleased stuff which got left out of the anthology . of the stuff i mentioned , only 'blue moon of kentucky' from this june 23rd set has been seen (on 'good morning America'). in the 'beatles diary vol. 2', it says that in 1994 yoko gave paul 4 tapes 'free as a bird' and real love' which got released , another track called 'now and then' and 'all for love' - only the second known Harrison / McCartney track . these two tracks remain unfinished (george said 'no')
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:24 am

"George said no" - also the reason Carnival of Light remains unreleased...
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jamie » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:53 am

yeah macca was all for it but the song had poor quality verses! l.o.l. but its amazing to think that there are only two Harrison / McCartney tracks 'in spite of all the danger' and 'all for love'. All that time together and they only did two songs , tragic really !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby theDingle » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:04 am

Speaking of which, Cry For Shadow is the only Harrison/Lennon song that the Beatles recorded. It's a little primitive rock instrumental, but I love it, anybody like this one?

......ME LIKE, YES! [:p][:D]
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby jamie » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:40 pm

yeah , kooky little number that one !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions