Which beatle songs should Paul do next tour?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby dakota » Sun May 04, 2003 12:09 pm

I hear Macca's lead vocal much stronger than Lennons at the beginning line of each verse section. I also read that Macca came up with the main riff of the song. However, Lennon claimed it was mainly his song. Who really knows for sure?
dakota

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Sun May 11, 2003 5:04 pm

I'm Looking Thru You, Free As A Bird, Lovely Rita
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby paja » Sun May 11, 2003 8:12 pm

ONE AFTER 909,DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET,and I'LL FOLLOW THE SUN [:)]
paja

Postby Steve-o » Sun May 11, 2003 11:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by paja
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET
Would be cool, but George handled the vocals on that one even though it was a MacLen tune...maybe as a GH tribute?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Mon May 12, 2003 2:24 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by dakota
"I'll Get You" and "Day Tripper" are two songs I think Macca would never do 'cause they primarily Lennon songs.
I don't know if I agree about Tripper. Paul does more solo parts ("Got a good Reason")...I think it sounds more like a Paul song..dunno..just my opinion..

Day Tripper definitely sounds like a John song. The fact that it's about drugs and the reference is quite open points to John. Paul hid his references to drug usage in songs like Got to Get You Into My life. Paul in the book Many Years From Now states that it's mainly a John song but he may have contributed something to it. The fact that Paul takes the lead... well.... in the song Every Little Thing John takes the lead which might suggest he wrote it but once again in Many Years From Now Paul states that it's his song... make of it what you will... the fact he doesn't play it live is I guess another pointer to the fact that John wrote it...
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Mon May 12, 2003 8:11 am

Gastro carrying the Lennon torch to the end, lol. I still think it sounds like a Paul song....and Paul has not got 'round to doing all of "his" Beatle songs live, so you never know. But--Paul does give John the main credit..very little ref to drugs, but it's about a girl who is not fully committed....a Sunday driver, YEAH!!!, lol. I STILL think it sounds more like a Macca song and I'd love for Rusty to tear into it!! It's all good!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue May 13, 2003 1:14 am

Agreed... it deserves to be played live it's got such a fantastic riff. We'll see what they do in the future. As for my Lennon torch well all I can say is that you bring out the fire in it Stevo. [:D]
Gastro (gone)

Postby mr. kite » Tue May 13, 2003 1:21 am

I'm thinking of ALL THOSE YEARS AGO, although it's a GH song. Maybe just a short tribute to the four of them.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Tue May 13, 2003 4:12 pm

And I Love Her
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue May 13, 2003 4:18 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
Agreed... it deserves to be played live it's got such a fantastic riff. We'll see what they do in the future. As for my Lennon torch well all I can say is that you bring out the fire in it Stevo. [:D]
I love the riff..it's the first one I learned to play as a kid!! CHOKER!!! on the fire thing, gasman!![:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions