Beatlemania

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Beatlemania

Postby Grillo » Fri May 02, 2003 12:34 am

Guys, what do u think is the BeatlesĀ“ influence, power, fame, succes, etc in the WHOLE world??? (and with that i mean Africa, Iceland, Taiwan, and that kind of weird places, je.)
In terms of popularity, i suppose they are the 4 people most famous in the planet...
We can discuss the influence thing, if u want.
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Beatlemania

Postby Grillo » Fri May 02, 2003 12:34 am

Guys, what do u think is the BeatlesĀ“ influence, power, fame, succes, etc in the WHOLE world??? (and with that i mean Africa, Iceland, Taiwan, and that kind of weird places, je.)
In terms of popularity, i suppose they are the 4 people most famous in the planet...
We can discuss the influence thing, if u want.
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Fri May 02, 2003 8:06 am

Huge.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Fri May 02, 2003 11:27 am

The Beatles have been a huge influence on millions of people around the world, of all ages. It seems to me they were the first rock band where nearly everyone in the world knew ALL the members names. I think the Beatles' promo films are the first "music videos", so they influenced MTV's basic format. The demands of their studio work resulted in a number of technological developments, like ATD (Automatic Double Tracking). Also, I truly think that if you got any 20 rock musicians together and asked them their influences, at least 15 would have to mention the Beatles. They had almost acheived Universal Appeal.
DylansMrJones

Postby Grillo » Fri May 02, 2003 4:09 pm

Cool stuff, Dylans
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby theDingle » Fri May 02, 2003 8:40 pm

Crowded House, from down under, definitely had a Beatles quality in their songwriting.

King's X, from the nation of Texas, sounded to me like renegades from the Revolver album.
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions