Need help (A confused fan)

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby weztex » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:31 pm

I am a huge Fab Four fan and there's still 3 questions i can't answer. Please, I need help.

1.What is the last Beatles Album?
Let it Be (recorded early 69, released early 70)
Abbey Road (recorded mid 69, released late 69)

2.Is Magical Mystery Tour should be consider as an album (he'd been released only in USA in 67)

3.Is Yellow Submarine should be consider as a studio album beacause it feature only 3 new songs written around a whole year before. The rest is only re-used songs.

Thanx for you help.
weztex

Postby weztex » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:31 pm

I am a huge Fab Four fan and there's still 3 questions i can't answer. Please, I need help.

1.What is the last Beatles Album?
Let it Be (recorded early 69, released early 70)
Abbey Road (recorded mid 69, released late 69)

2.Is Magical Mystery Tour should be consider as an album (he'd been released only in USA in 67)

3.Is Yellow Submarine should be consider as a studio album beacause it feature only 3 new songs written around a whole year before. The rest is only re-used songs.

Thanx for you help.
weztex

Postby Ram1 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:40 pm

This is KK!! I just know it!! Just Kidding!! LOL[:D]

Sorry, weztex, inside joke.

Anyway....

1. You pretty much answered this first one yourself. Let It Be was recorded first, but shelved for a year. Abbey Road was the last album RECORDED, but Let It Be was the last one RELEASED.

2. Someone else may know for sure, but as far as I know, MMT was only released first as a soundtrack recording. (Only with the 6 or however many songs that were played in the film.) Then I think it was later released (maybe only in the US) with the rest of the tracks (Hello Goodbye through All You Need Is Love) to make it a full album. However, maybe it was released as this "full album version" originally in the US to begin with. Am I making sense?

3. I don't consider Yellow Submarine a "studio album" at all. Just a soundtrack to accompany the film.

PS--Welcome to the forum! Have fun.
Ram1

Postby weztex » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:29 pm

Thanks a lot Ram 1, but personaly, which one do you consider the last one.
weztex

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:51 pm

I consider Abbey Road to be the last one, since it was recorded last.

As for MMT, Capitol records refused to release the material (what we no know as the first 6 tracks) on EP, which was a popular format in Great Britain. It had the songs from MMT, Capitol released those, of course, with the backlog of 1967 singles and one B side (baby you're a rich man) from the band. Strawberry and Penny were originally intended for Pepper and were considered double A sides.

Good Day!
BandOnTheRun1

Postby megs » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:09 pm

i think LIB is the last[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:52 pm

quote:I consider Abbey Road to be the last one, since it was recorded last.

same here. It was the last time they all recorded together.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:42 am

I only found out they recorded AR last when I had considered LIB to be the last one for years. I never understood why "The End" was such a great farewell, as they had done another album after AR [?].

Now I have to consider Abbey Road to be the last, but instinctively LIB is the last one for me.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:57 pm

I'm with Brans and megs- Let It Be is always the last one to me.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dakota » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:35 am

For those who want to consider LIB the last Beatle album can consider this to back their argument. At the time of the AB release (Sept'69) the unreleased "Get Back" tapes that eventually became the LIB album were only about 75% complete. "I Me Mine" was recorded from scratch Jan 3 1970, "Let It Be" the song had numerous overdubs done on Jan 4
(lead gtr.,backup harmonies,brass score,maracas, drum overdubs), "For You Blue" according to some sources state that George's lead vocal was re-done in late Jan, Phil "the murderer?"Spector extended the length of "I Me Mine" about twice, remixed and edited all tracks sometime in March, added orchestral overdubs to "Across The Universe", "The Long And Windy Road" and "I Me Mine" on April 1st with Ringo adding additional drums to TLAWR during that session.

So some might say that considering LIB wasn't quite complete at the time the other supposed last album came out that LIB could be (if one wants to be technical) the last album.
dakota

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions