Feb 9th CBS special.

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Feb 9th CBS special.

Postby lobbybobby » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Looks promising!!!

ALL STAR BEATLES SALUTE!
All all-star lineup performed Monday night, Jan. 27, at the Los Angeles Convention Center for "The Night That Changed America — A Grammy Salute to The Beatles," which is set to air on CBS on Feb. 9. Among the performances were Dhani Harrison joining Jeff Lynne on "Something," Dave Grohl and Lynne doing "Hey Bulldog," the Eurythmics (reuniting Dave Stewart and Annie Lennox) on "Fool on the Hill" and then mini sets by Ringo and Paul, culminating with them teaming up for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"/"With a Little Help From My Friends." Bits from The Beatles on Sullivan and other film clips also were incorporated into the two-hour show. Here's the unofficial set list: The Beatles' "All My Loving" from Sullivan, which segued into Maroon 5 doing the song; Maroon 5 on "Ticket to Ride"; John Mayer and Keith Urban on "Don't Let Me Down"; Ed Sheeran on "In My Life"; Alicia Keys and John Legend on "Let It Be"; Imagine Dragons on "Revolution"; Katy Perry on "Yesterday"; the Eurythmics on "Fool on the Hill"; Pharrell Williams and Brad Paisley and the Cirque du Soliel troupe on "Here Comes the Sun"; Dave Grohl and Jeff Lynne on "Hey Bulldog"; Lynne, Dhani Harrison and Joe Walsh on "Something"; Gary Clark Jr., Walsh and Grohl on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"; Stevie Wpnder on two takes of "We Can Work It Out"; Ringo (introduced by Jeff Bridges) doing "Matchbox," "Boys" and "Yellow Submarine"; Macca (introduced by Sean Penn) doing "Magical Mystery Tour," "Birthday," "Get Back," "I Saw Her Standing There," and then "Sgt. Pepper" straight into "With a Little Help" sung by Ringo, followed by "Hey Jude" with Ringo on drums. The house band was basically the same one that backed Ringo on the Grammys telecast, with Peter Frampton and Steve Lukather on guitars, Don Was on bass, Kenny Aronoff on drums and Greg Philliganes on piano. Macca was backed by his own band. Among the celebs on hand, either serving an onstage role or in the audience, were Paul's wife Nancy, Ringo's wife Barbara, Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon, Olivia Harrison, Eric Idle, LL Cool J, Kate Beckinsale, Johnny Depp, Peter Asher and Tom Hanks.

This is reprinted from Bill King at Beatlefan
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Feb 9th CBS special.

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:10 pm

well, that sounds like something I might want to check out. I'm sure there will be a DVD and/or a CD release, as well...but, I won't be missing this! (The one I'm very intrigued by is "Gently Weeps" with Gary Clark, Joe Walsh, and Dave Grohl...that sounds like some kind of guitar jam orgy!).

My only question would be, wouldn't Carry That Weight/The End be PERFECT for this, with Ringo and Paul singing on "Weight", Ringo then doing his drum solo, and Paul singing, and jamming with his pick of a kazillion guitarests on the guitar solos???
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Feb 9th CBS special.

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 pm

My housemate already programmed it for me on the DVR. I am not technology nor electronically intelligent. I don't even know how to use my digital camera except for what has been shown to me. Nor do I know all the ins and outs of my computer.

My housemate says he is going to drag me into the 21st Century kicking and screaming all the way. So far, so good.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions