has anyone read lennon in america?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

has anyone read lennon in america?

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:16 am

I read it las year when I was on a business trip to florida. Wow, I guess It was taken from his lost diary. I am not sure ow much of it is true, but it totally changed my perspective on him. He had issues. There is a particular paragraph in the book in which paul writes a letter to john and yoko calling yoko a jap b*tch and some other stuff. Not that it's not true, but I couldn't stop thinking about it after I read it. I still wonder if any of it is true or if it was made up to add to the lennon mccartney fued that was brewing at the time. Anyway just wondering about anyone elses take on it.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:12 pm

I read it. And i must say it's hard to believe that Geoffrey Guiliano who massacred Macca in "Blackbird" didn't have the same agenda with the Lennon book. He claims to have seen the hidden diaries but nearly ten years before writing the book and relying on extensive notes - he crafted his book. I don't think it's very accurate.

It's hard to believe that John did some of the things Guiliano claimed. I don't he did heavy drugs at the time or that he hit either Yoko or sean. Do you really think Macca would call Yoko a Bi%^ in print and then have to deal with her on Apple and stuff. Hell no!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:30 pm

I am currently reading a book on John, written by Fredrick Seaman. He was Johns personal assistant for the last few months or so of his life.

I must say this, Yoko controled John so much that it makes you want to shoot her. She stopped him from having his own mind, she was totaly twisted and sick.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:19 pm

What is name of the book you are reading? I Some of the stuff in the other book sounds kind of far fetched.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby shorty » Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:21 pm

the book is called John Lennon Last Day's. It is great so far. alot of stuff in the other book might be far fetched, but I have heard that paul and the other beatles called yoko some bad names.
Do you realy blame them though!

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:39 am

i think some of the best Beatles books are written by Keith Badman.
Really interesting and also a lot of stuff perhaps you didn´t know..

But the greatest book on the fab four is....? Your choice.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby nicholeantoinette » Sat May 11, 2002 3:34 pm

...the book is rubbish & so much of it is false.
nicholeantoinette

Postby manon » Sun May 12, 2002 2:23 pm

quote:
I read it las year when I was on a business trip to florida. Wow, I guess It was taken from his lost diary. I am not sure ow much of it is true, but it totally changed my perspective on him. He had issues. There is a particular paragraph in the book in which paul writes a letter to john and yoko calling yoko a jap b*tch and some other stuff. Not that it's not true, but I couldn't stop thinking about it after I read it. I still wonder if any of it is true or if it was made up to add to the lennon mccartney fued that was brewing at the time. Anyway just wondering about anyone elses take on it.

What is the title of the book you are talking about ? Is it by Fred Seaman, Ray Coleman or Albert Goldman ? There is so many books about John Lennon ...
manon

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun May 12, 2002 7:41 pm

The book is called "lennon in america" it was written by geoffrey giullano, who claims to have lennon's lost diaries. It's pretty far out there. It kind of makes lennon look like a complete head case.
I guess only john knows the real truth.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby numberwriter » Mon May 13, 2002 8:32 am

fave lennon book has to be 'come together' john lennon in his time by jon wiener... its a political biography, and a serious book, well written. mostly concentrating on johns life around 1972. i would recommend it.
numberwriter

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions