best beatle guitar solos (3 phases)

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

best beatle guitar solos (3 phases)

Postby chris » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 pm

here is what i am asking of you...

i want three songs. one from each era; early period, middle period and late period.

early: all my loving. always been a fan anyway of this solo. but something about it stands out even more when live, on BITUS, the solo was note for note perfect. i like when bands improvise. but the fact that they didn't here on this one...stands out

middle: good morning, good morning. as electricly explosive as george ever gets.

late: let it be (album version). makes the single version sound tinny and almost not there.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Re: best beatle guitar solos (3 phases)

Postby linclink » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 pm

chris wrote:here is what i am asking of you...

i want three songs. one from each era; early period, middle period and late period.

early: all my loving. always been a fan anyway of this solo. but something about it stands out even more when live, on BITUS, the solo was note for note perfect. i like when bands improvise. but the fact that they didn't here on this one...stands out

middle: good morning, good morning. as electricly explosive as george ever gets.

late: let it be (album version). makes the single version sound tinny and almost not there.

I do believe, like "Taxman", and in a similar style so well described by you as "electricly explosive", that the "Good Morning Good Morning" guitar solo is actually played by Paul McCartney, and not George Harrison.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby chris » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 am

I think deep down I knew that. But (as I tip my hat to you) thank you for the correction.

And I won't let the fact that it wasn't George deter me from choosing that one as a great solo. Not that you were suggesting I do so.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Can't really think of a better pick for the first two eras, though I will be racking my brain on this. I'd have to say, though not a traditional guitar solo I'd go with the intro to Something. I know most people would not consider it a "guitar solo" but it is one of my favorite openings to any song.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Fun topic, Chris.

Early: Roll over beethoven from the (unreleased) BBC, with the double-length guitar solo. He kills it.

Middle: Good morning, Good morning or Taxman

Late: While my guitar (I know, i know, but it is an awesome solo) or something
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions