Orillia (Ontario, Canada) Beatles Celebration
On September 17 & 18, 2010 the fourth annual Orillia (Ontario, Canada) Beatles Celebration will take place in downtown Orillia. Celebrating the world's greatest band, come and enjoy two days of music, concerts, dances, food, vendors, memorabilia, special guest speakers, contests, trivia, film screenings and more.
Tickets for festival passes, and concerts at the Orillia Opera House can be purchased at 1-888-674-5542 or purchased online at http://www.orilliaoperahouse.ca
The Orillia Beatles Celebration, the largest community based Beatles festival in Canada, is back for a fourth year in beautiful downtown Orillia.
What sets The Orillia Beatles Celebration apart is the extent to which it involves the entire community. This year’s theme is “The Magical Mystery Tour”
* The McCartney Years at The Orilila Opera House Friday, September 17 and Saturday, September 18. Praised by The Beatles’ promoter Sid Bernstein – the man who brought the Beatles to North America – and loved by audiences all over the world, this is The McCartney Years!
* Friday night dance - Friday night there will be a main stage area downtown with Beatles tribute bands playing from 8pm to midnight. This popular Friday night event is an all ages concert and dance and the admission is $5 per person, children under the age of 16 are free.
* Main Street Orillia – will be closed to traffic all day Saturday for the free events downtown. There will be buskers, tribute bands, Karaoke, Beatles memorabilia, Student bands, vendors and non-stop Beatles music all day.
* Saturday night dance – Saturday night there will be a second all ages concert and dance at the main stage. * Admission is $5 per person, children under the age of 16 are free.
* Venues throughout Orillia – Bars, restaurants and hotels will host Beatles tribute bands Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night.