So last night...

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

So last night...

Postby james1985 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 pm

...I paid my first visit to Citi Field. I've grown quite fond of baseball, and the Mets, but that's another story for another time.

Anyway, it was far too cold to go explore the parking lot and try and stand in the same place the boys stood and all that, but I made sure I broke off from my companion for about a minute to gaze into that sea of motor cars. Just taking in the fact that this was the spot where elbows slid along keyboards, girls wailed in cops' arms, and four lads played songs they'd written with big grins on their faces. It was a nice little moment, anyway.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Re: So last night...

Postby bonovox66 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 pm

You know what's sad? I lived in NY for a year and never visited any of the beatle sites :( Not even Strawberry Fields of the Dakotah. It was always ne of those things I planned to do one day but before I knew it I had moved again...

But I know what you mean James. I remember seeing the original studio doors to Abbey Roads at a Hard Rock and I stood there with my hand on them imaging the number of times the lads had rushed through these doors touching, just maybe, the exact same spot.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 pm

i think sometimes we take for granted the things around us. history is there. in all sorts of places all around us. and sometimes we rarely take a look at what is really in front of us. my daughter took a school trip to NY. and even she stopped by strawberry fields and felt its historical weight. i was in new york...once...and i did nothing of the sort. guess i am not the brightest bulb, huh? :idea:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 pm

i been wanting to tell this story forever and now seems good, in 1979 i was in new york and who did i see in central park? john and yoko. i said hi john and he pretty much ignored me till yoko insisted that he talk to me. he just said hi guys to me and my friend but yoko will always be ok in my book because of this.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bonovox66 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks for sharing that Mark. I've never been a Yoko hater, and that makes me have a whole new level of respect for her. its funny cause you always hear about what a friendly guy John was and Yoko was always made out to be aloof.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 pm

yeah bono it was a special moment for me and i know i will never forget it cause she was really angry he ignored me but once she chewed him out he seemed cool. met paul and linda once too and both were nice but linda was REALLY kind. i had front row seats that night and both kept acknowleging me all night long. ahh memories. they were great and i made a ass out of myself by running up to paul and blurting out....do you know who you are?!!! but he said he was used to people going a bit crazy. ya know ya always wonder what you will say but i was just in awe. :shock:
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bonovox66 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 pm

:lol:

That's funny. I can't imagine what I'd say if I met Paul. Sure I have all these cool things in my head but if the opportunity ever arose I'm sure I'd be reduced to a blubbering and perhaps drooling idiot.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:02 pm

Great responses, people, thanks :-D
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions