Robert Zemeckis wants Surviving Beatles for Yellow Submarine

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Robert Zemeckis wants Surviving Beatles for Yellow Submarine

Postby I am the Paulrus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Robert Zemeckis wants Surviving Beatles for Yellow Submarine remake

Mon, 09 Nov 2009

http://www.3news.co.nz/Robert-Zemeckis- ... eID=128877

Robert Zemeckis wants surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to play themselves in his planned remake of the Fab Four's animated classic Yellow Submarine.

Zemeckis and Disney bosses have brokered a deal that would allow them to rework the 1968 film and create a performance-capture 3D digital production.

And Zemeckis - the man behind The Polar Express and Jim Carrey's new animated version of A Christmas Carol - wants to get the Beatles involved.

He tells MTV, "We haven’t gotten the word yet on the two surviving Beatles, whether they’re interested in doing it or not."

WENN.com
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Robert Zemeckis wants Surviving Beatles for Yellow Submarine

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:09 pm

they had nothing to do with the original so why now? it always bugged me they didnt do the voices cause when i first saw it in 68 i thought it was their voices but hell i thought they did the voices in the old cartoon show for years. guess it doesnt matter. still looking forward to this. :-D
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 pm

is this some sort of practical joke? are we engulfed in a surreal dream? what the hell is zemekis smoking? how can paul and ringo play themselves in an animated cartoon?

it is a cartoon. anyone can do the voiceovers. if the producers of this film want it to sound like paul and ringo, they should hire impersonators. it would be way more affordable.

hey paul, you were great on spongebob squarepants last week.

however absurd, indeed
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby I am the Paulrus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 pm

I wonder if they could get the sons to voice their fathers? Dhani Harrison to voice George and Julian do to John. I know it's a longshot and doubt that they'll do it but it be nice since they sound similar to them. Or cast the best John and George from the most popular Beatles cover/tribute bands out there.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bonovox66 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 am

I say just don't make this movie. Please!

Its not that I'm totally against someone 're-imagining' Yellow Submarine, I think it could be done. But not this way and not w/ Zemeckis. Sure I love Forest Gump, but name me a good movie he has made since then? Polar Express was barely watchable, and Beowulf was about the worst movie I've seen n recent memory. And lets not even mention his new Christmas Carol.

Let someone at Pixar have a crack at it or maybe Gary Goldman he has done some of the best animated work of the last thirty years. Or if we really want to try something new what about Hayo Miyazaki.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Robert Zemeckis wants Surviving Beatles for Yellow Subma

Postby bonovox66 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 am

Out of the THANK JEBUS this is not hapening pile of news....

bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions