Over-rated

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby optic » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:23 pm

Disagree with you on that one. That period had some good pop music from 1981-1985. I can see coming off the 60's and stuff - that period was confusing, jaded , and very pop oriented. But, those corporate rock groups put down some good pop stuff for the time. No doubt.

Don't forget the Police were nailing down some decent pop too. And so was Foreigner and Journey. Wouldn't you say that Synchronicity and Foreigner 4 are sort of - somewhat similar sounding for the time? I think both are pretty good records. Granted Synchronicity had some duff songs like the Summers and COpeland tracks with their vocals - but Foreginer 4 and Journey had a whole bunch of decent songs on them.

Remember it was around the time of MTV - so, things were very bizarre and sort of weird - it was going into a phase of sort of visual stuff. One of the reasons why Christopher Cross had a hard time crossing over....after 1981
optic

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:55 pm

I disagree with everything on your list. I am standing up for Abe and for Rusty! I love them. To me, Paul's show wouldn't be the same without them. And I might not even go if he changed bands. [:(!] so don't go saying untrue stuff. Why are you so bitter about almost EVERYTHING non-beatles?
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:14 pm

quote:Originally posted by sleepyhollowgirl
I disagree with everything on your list. I am standing up for Abe and for Rusty! I love them. To me, Paul's show wouldn't be the same without them. And I might not even go if he changed bands. [:(!] so don't go saying untrue stuff. Why are you so bitter about almost EVERYTHING non-beatles?
Sleepy---optic and speers are the same person. They dont come round here no mo'......
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions