Maybe I'm Amazed at how much people hate Yoko

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Man Tissa » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:18 pm

Maybe she had him killed because he was going to drop her or she wanted him out of the way.... anyone ever thought of that as a conspiracy theory? [:O]
Man Tissa

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:12 am

Mother doesn't have that kind of power, but as for a conspiracy, Sean apparently thinks there was and I remember the radio stations right after John was murdered were talking about the possibility that the government took John out.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:16 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Wow, that was a long relationship. Twice as long than she and John were together.

Yes, it was. His family is quite well off- they have a castle in Hungary. He and Yoko shared a love of art. And spending money.
Perhaps he has developed his own self worth by now and would prefer to be recognized as a person and not hidden away like a dirty secret.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby beatlelarry » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:27 pm

Yoko is brilliant, as an artist, mother, wife to John, womens rights activist, etc. At least John admitted his chauvanists ways and tried to make amends. Sometimes I wonder if Paul was happy with Linda being the "Cook of the House". Yoko takes the time to write her fans. And her Season of Glass LP cover was just her artist statement about her husband being assassinated. She is an artist !! That's what artists do !! I can't believe that peolpe, in this day and age, still can't respect her for who she is. If she wasn't Japanese would public opinion be different? Of course. Those who hate Yoko, look inside yourself and come to terms with the fact that we are all on this earth together. Yoko DID NOT break up the Beatles. She and John said that for years and years. Why don't you believe them? I know we all love Paul, but they were 30 years old at the time. It was time to move on. Just like this topic...
beatlelarry
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by beatlelarry
Yoko is brilliant, as an artist, mother, wife to John, womens rights activist, etc. At least John admitted his chauvanists ways and tried to make amends. Sometimes I wonder if Paul was happy with Linda being the "Cook of the House". Yoko takes the time to write her fans. And her Season of Glass LP cover was just her artist statement about her husband being assassinated. She is an artist !! That's what artists do !! I can't believe that peolpe, in this day and age, still can't respect her for who she is. If she wasn't Japanese would public opinion be different? Of course. Those who hate Yoko, look inside yourself and come to terms with the fact that we are all on this earth together. Yoko DID NOT break up the Beatles. She and John said that for years and years. Why don't you believe them? I know we all love Paul, but they were 30 years old at the time. It was time to move on. Just like this topic...

Personally, I could care less if Yoko was Japanese, Black, or Indian. I don't care for her. And thank you for telling us it's time for this topic to move on. Mike! Lock the topic now, man! LOL
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:39 pm

Larry,
We all know Yoko was a big reason for breaking up the Beatles. It's a fact. Yoko came between Paul and John and was a reason for the break-up just like the Eastmans and Linda complicated tbe business stuff along with Klein and brought things to a head.

Yoko is not a true artist - she is an opportunist - I don't need to see the blood splattered glasses of John Lennon on an album cover. Yoko is a joke-o.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
Yoko is a joke-o.
he he it rhymes[:o)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:53 pm

quote:Originally posted by megs
Yoko is a joke-o.
he he it rhymes[:o)]

Yes it does, Megs. Yes it does. LOL
Ram1

Postby music peace » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:59 am

quote:Originally posted by beatlelarry

I AGREE! Beautifully put larry. [|)]
music peace

Postby dakota » Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:55 pm

Larry,
We all know Yoko was a big reason for breaking up the Beatles. It's a fact. Yoko came between Paul and John and was a reason for the break-up just like the Eastmans and Linda complicated tbe business stuff along with Klein and brought things to a head.

Yoko is not a true artist - she is an opportunist - I don't need to see the blood splattered glasses of John Lennon on an album cover. Yoko is a joke-o.

Perhaps we can say Yoko is a true artist and an opportunist. It's possible to be both.

Yoko being a big reason or maybe at least one of the top say....5 reasons they split, well, I tend to agree with this. If anyone wants clarification just go to the section of the Anthology book or read any other quotes from Lennon about that period and you'll get the sense that she had something to do with the end of the Beatles.
dakota

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions