Maybe I'm Amazed at how much people hate Yoko

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Man Tissa » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:49 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by Man Tissa
It was an open coffin with a bed of flowers planted inside. Too bad she wasn't in it. (I know--that's terrible, what what the heck)

LOL!! That's exactly what one radio talkback host said.
Man Tissa

Postby music peace » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:41 pm

quote:Originally posted by DylansMrJones
I really didn't like the way John Lennon forced Yoko upon his fans. His early singles ALWAYS had a Yoko B side. I didn't want to hear her. My friends and I would play "Touch Me" and "Don't Worry Kyoko" at the wrong speed just because it sounded hideous. My favorite Lennon albums were ones where Yoko wasn't obviously present. Some blame her for the break up of the Beatles. I think she was just a convenient scapegoat.

Apart from her less than wonderful music, what is it that you dislike about Yoko? John obviously loved her very much. That's good enough for me.

Where do you stand on the Yoko bashing issue? Does she deserve to be disrespected, or do people go to far? Is Yoko bashing just a fashionable thing to do?

I agree with you all the way! Go Dylans!!!!! [:D]
music peace

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:49 pm

people don't even know some of the aweful things that she has done.
John wasn't dead a month and she had another guy living with her (I'll have to look up his name). soon after that she kicked one of john's reletives out of a house that john had bought for this guy to live in (by the way i'm pretty sure the guy was crippled too). Not to mention how she treated her daughter kyoko and julian.
I actually had no hard feelings for her until I started reading a lot of books on john and the rest of the beatles.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:46 pm

[:0]thats aweful
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:40 am

That part about Yoko living with another man one month after Lennon was killed is simply not true. The other point not true is that Yoko was on herion throughout 1980 - simply not true.

Yoko is guilty of a lot of horrid things - but, not loving her husband simply isn't true.

Lennon was no saint - in fact, he was a lousy father, a real piece of crap as a friend in Paul's case, and he was a cheat and a wife-beater - all of the qualities that make-up a kind of despicable sort of Jerry Springer type of guest - Just because John and Yoko are great artists - don't make them great people or great leaders.

At least McCartney is consistent in his beliefs and the way he lived his life - He wasn't a hypocrite and phony like John Lennon was in certain aspects of his life. As Julian said "The man sang all you need is love to the world but never even gave the same love to his own family" - No wonder Julian's life is a horror show
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eleanorigby » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:29 am

What I don't like about Yoko is that she always speaks on John's behalf after his death, but all of us who are married know very well that husband and wife are not the same person no matter how they love(d) each other.
eleanorigby

Postby Man Tissa » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by eleanorigby
What I don't like about Yoko is that she always speaks on John's behalf after his death, but all of us who are married know very well that husband and wife are not the same person no matter how they love(d) each other.

That's very inciteful eleanor... I'm not married, was close to once but I never thought of it that way... I like that
Man Tissa

Postby music peace » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:44 pm

As far as all the things about Yoko doing this horrible thing, and John doing that horrible thing...how do we know its true? I think what matters is that they loved eachother in a way no one else could understand. Sometimes we dont like things we cant understand. The only thing I know besides the fact that they loved eachother, was that Yoko was HEARTBROKEN after John was killed. I have no doubt she wanted to die as well.
music peace

Postby Aujouret » Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:55 am

I have to disagree with you again, Chris. Yoko was most certainly living with Sam Havadtoy very soon after John's death. That is a fact. There are photos to prove it on her birthday on Feb 18. 1981. there was a charming photo of her and Sam alone taken. One of the very rare photos of them. Yoko would not allow photos of her and Sam because she wants to perpetrate the myth of John and Yoko the Love and Peace couple. Sam was already on the scene when John was still alive.
I personally see nothing wrong with her moving on, but why keep it a secret? More of her manipulative crap, which is why I don't liked her. Why was she so phony about Sam? From all accounts, he was a good man and very helpful with Sean when he was little. They are no longer together, having broken up in the Spring of this year.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:08 am

Wow, that was a long relationship. Twice as long than she and John were together.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions