Paul's Getting Bad Press Again

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Paul's Getting Bad Press Again

Postby The Man » Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:50 am

For attempting to rewrite history with the song writing credits of the Beatles songs on the upcoming live album. Lennon / McCartney has been switched to "by Paul McCartney and John Lennon" .......

I think Paul has been trying for a long time to get people to acknowledge that he had more talent than JL ...... but it won't happen...

I have a feeling Australians are going to turn off Paul in a big way if he does tour here... he won't sell as many tickets as he did in '93... Australians are going to see this as a sign of petty posturing .... it was in today's paper so it looks like the media are going to have a field day .....
The Man

Postby Aujouret » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:23 am

I think the whole switching names is a little dig at Yoko for denying his request that she switch the names on Yesterday. Actually John had no part in Yesterday whatsoever, just as Paul has nothing to do with Give Peace A Chance. I suggested that Yoko swap, but I guess she didn't get my email.
How is it that you can predict what an entire country will do?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:10 am

quote:Originally posted by The Man
For attempting to rewrite history with the song writing credits of the Beatles songs on the upcoming live album. Lennon / McCartney has been switched to "by Paul McCartney and John Lennon" .......

I think Paul has been trying for a long time to get people to acknowledge that he had more talent than JL ...... but it won't happen...

I have a feeling Australians are going to turn off Paul in a big way if he does tour here... he won't sell as many tickets as he did in '93... Australians are going to see this as a sign of petty posturing .... it was in today's paper so it looks like the media are going to have a field day .....
The Man is starting to sound like Shinestar with all this "love" being thrown towards Paul.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:12 am

Steve - you do realise what you're saying, don't you?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Aujouret » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:29 pm

The Man seems to be into bashing Paul and "happy-go-lucky" Americans.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:46 pm

Well you know, Auj, we Americans only care about ourselves. We don't know that any other countries exist. We're full of ourselves, greedy, and selfish. Oh yeah, and we're sloppy.
Ram1

Postby magill » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:05 pm

Hey, If Australia doesn't want him, we'll take him back in the USA! Hi Paul...Listen, we grew up with you in the USA, you'll always be like an older brother to us. We'll always love you here!!
And as far as your songs go, whatever you do is your business. Only another writer could understand that changing the order of names is not an ego thing. It's a blood, sweat, tears, and hours of energy thing. PAUL...........WE'RE ALL THROWING A LOT OF LOVE YOUR WAY, ALWAYS!!!!
magill

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Well you know, Auj, we Americans only care about ourselves. We don't know that any other countries exist. We're full of ourselves, greedy, and selfish. Oh yeah, and we're sloppy.

Generalizations never suit the people of any country. Speak for yourself. I don't think we Americans deserve all of the anti-Americanism aimed our way these days. It's one thing to have an honest discussion and disagreement, but it's another to resort to name-calling. (greedy, selfish, etc.) We're better than that. [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:09 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman

Generalizations never suit the people of any country. Speak for yourself. I don't think we Americans deserve all of the anti-Americanism aimed our way these days. It's one thing to have an honest discussion and disagreement, but it's another to resort to name-calling. (greedy, selfish, etc.) We're better than that. [;)]

What? I was actually "defending" Americans, MTM. I was being sarcastic.
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman

What? I was actually "defending" Americans, MTM. I was being sarcastic.

I'm sorry! [:I] I'm just so used to everybody bashing Americans on other message boards and being serious about it. That's why I left the "official" board - all of it was "America sucks, the rest of the world is united against the U.S.," etc. It just really gets under my skin after a while. I mean, this is the country where Rock and Roll was born. So what if Paul likes to tour here? It's his right. [8D] Okay, off the soap-box. [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions